Blond Jokes (no offense)

JDdamole
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Blond Jokes (no offense)

Post by JDdamole » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:39 pm

1. A blond was riding a horse, she was riding pretty well. but then she got under control! she dosent know what shes doing! shes upside down and banging her head on the ground... then the wall-mart clerk comes out and un-plugs the horse!

2. A plane is going down, every-thing and every-one is througn out exept 2 blonds, a brunette ,the pilot and 1 bar to hang on to. ''we can't go because were to pretty'' says the blonds, ''I can't go because I have to fly the plane'' says the pilot, ''fine then I'll have to go'' says the brunette. then the blonds start clapping.

LOL, I cant remember the rest!  :P   

momogi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Blond Jokes (no offense)

Post by momogi » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:02 am

Why blond always figured as a dumb girl?

MOD NOTE: Removed discourteous comments. Please review the forum rules at http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,65.0.html. - UNIXBOYMD
Last edited by technopuzzle on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.momogi.com
mOmOgi - It's All About Our LIFE!

turbosatan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by turbosatan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:03 am

two blondes walk into a building

you would think one of them would have seen it

egiex
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by egiex » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:30 pm

haha  :laugh: these are great
http://www.joomlaenvy.com - a personal project offering free joomla templates :)

http://www.malljoomla.com - a place where anyone can Sell their Joomla templates or components
-PM if you have questions

Smitch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Smitch » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:37 am

ahahah any more?

Funatico
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Funatico » Wed May 30, 2007 12:57 pm

I'm not sure how funny is it when it's translated in English..
Anyway..Why is blonde confused when she get twins?
- Besause she don't know who is the father of the other child :(

Cheers!

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Wed May 30, 2007 2:22 pm

I realize no one means any harm. But, when you have to include "(no offense)" in the subject line, that's a sure sign you might be offending.

Stupid Blonde Jokes are actually stupid women jokes.

From an excellent article that is widely considered expert advice on women in open source communities entitled Do's and don't's of encouraging women in Linux
3.1. Don't tell sexist jokes

Sexist jokes are the number one way to drive women out of any group, and they are more common than many people realize. I have more than once heard a man say that he doesn't make that kind of joke, and then hours or minutes later, hear the same person make a joke about pregnant women or PMS. Sometime he just doesn't realize that he made a sexist joke, for example, "blonde jokes" are actually "dumb women" jokes. Sometimes he tells me that it's okay to make a sexist joke if it's true, or it's funny (funny to whom?). What some people fail to realize is that jokes about gender of any sort almost always make fun of women, and will make most women angry, regardless of the context. It doesn't help to first make a sexist joke about men and then one about women.

You can argue that women shouldn't be so sensitive (and I will disagree with you) but even then, regardless of should or should not, your comments and jokes are driving women away. If that's not what you want, then don't make sexist jokes. If you're not sure if your joke is sexist, find something else to say.

3.2. Do protest sexist jokes

The next time you see someone joking about women on your local mailing list or in person, complain about it. It's difficult to do this without making yourself a target for ridicule, but it's even more difficult for a woman to do the same thing. Women keep silent when we see sexist jokes because if we protest, we will immediately be attacked for being over-sensitive, uptight, or a "feminazi." (Note: NEVER use the term "feminazi." It discredits all feminists, and trivializes the victims of the Nazi Holocaust. Consider how ridiculous it sounds to call people like Rush Limbaugh "male chauvinazis" and you may understand why "feminazi" is so emotionally loaded.)

The best way to fight back against sexist jokes is with humor. If someone replies to a post about the technical achievements of a woman with "Is she single?" reply with, "Gee, Jeff, no wonder YOU'RE still single." Every time a woman sees a sexist joke or comment, she feels angry, left out, and belittled. Every time a woman sees a man stand up against this behavior, she feels included and valued.
I offer this protest with the deepest respect. I understand no one intended to offend - but - by telling these types of jokes, you are indeed discouraging women in our community. I realize you don't see it that way - and we all get to learn and grow - but, as an older woman in our community, I would be wrong not to object. We need to be avoid this type of joke because it can alienate women - and no one wants to do that!

Thanks for considering! All the best,
Amy :)

Funatico
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Funatico » Wed May 30, 2007 3:16 pm

Well...i think that women shouldn't get offended by any of jokes..and i don't think that some types of jokes should be avoided. Simply because we should also avoid jokes about different nationalities (races), animals, women, men, children, retarded ppl..etc... Any joke of this types should discourage someone...

Cheers,
Ivan

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Wed May 30, 2007 3:26 pm

Ivan -

With all due respect, what you think women should or should not be offended by is besides the point. This is a community site primarily for the purposes of supporting Joomla!. The humor board is to help build community spirit. I do not consider my own word to be an authority on this matter, either. That's why I quoted the resource many open source projects use as a guide.

This is a quote from the quote above  ;):
You can argue that women shouldn't be so sensitive (and I will disagree with you) but even then, regardless of should or should not, your comments and jokes are driving women away. If that's not what you want, then don't make sexist jokes. If you're not sure if your joke is sexist, find something else to say.
The overarching point is that we all need to try to welcome our diverse community. Men outnumber women in open source projects, in general. Joomla! statistically is doing better than many projects and has taken great steps forward, but when we are looking at 8.9 men to 1 woman, that means we still need to continue to be careful with these things and make certain we are welcoming women.

We need to welcome everyone, of course!

All the best!
Amy :)

Jenny
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by Jenny » Wed May 30, 2007 3:47 pm

As this thread has now gone wayyyyyyy off track and off topic, it will be closed.  Enough already eh?
Co-author of the Official Joomla! Book http://officialjoomlabook.com
Marpo Multimedia http://marpomultimedia.com

Return to “Humor, Fun and Games”