I'm a student at university of Toronto. For the last 2 months I've been working on a component that would allow administrators create custom content types, store them in the database and process display them on frontend.
I modeled it after the Articles Component done completely in MVC.
So far my component does the following:
- Allows to create custom content types
- Custom node types are defined via table file
- table file contains form definition
- forms are dynamically generated
- custom content types are saved and updated via generated forms, no coding is necessary to generate forms
- Current fields types are "textfield", "dropdown", "textarea", "checkbox", "radiobutton", "images"
- Tree like category system is also integrated which allows unlimited depth of categories
- Client & Server side Form validation(which is defined in tables)
For SOC, I would to do the following:
- create an administrative interface for managing content
- add all standard joomla features, including edit permissions
- essentially do all the things that are necessary to make this application fit into joomla correctly
If you're familiar with Drupal, I took CCK and Taxonomy as my foundations, I believe this would be a very useful contribution to the joomla community.
Could I be SOC student?
PS: If you would like, I would be happy to do a presentation of the component I created.