Congratulations to Accepted Students!

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Congratulations to Accepted Students!

Post by ianmac » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Congratulations on being accepted as a Google Summer of Code student for 2008 with the Joomla! project! We are very excited to have you on board with us and are eager to work with you. It is our hope that this will be a great experience for all involved. We hope that you be challenged and will be able to learn and develop your skills as a software developer and open source contributor. We hope that you will gain valuable experience that will be helpful for you in the future. We hope that you will have fun contributing to an open source project and producing something that will be appreciated by many.

My name is Ian MacLennan. Myself and Wilco Jansen are the SoC administrators for the Joomla! project. If you have any questions or concerns at any point during the project that your mentor is unable to answer, please feel free to contact us. We are here to make sure that everything goes smoothly both for you, your mentor, and the Joomla! project.

If you haven't already read the student guidelines (http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=528&t=275076), please do so. This provides some information about the expected dates on Google's end.

In order for this program to operate well, communication is key. In the near future we will be releasing a reporting schedule that you will be expected to follow to keep us up to date on the progress of your project. This will be an important aspect of your midterm and final evaluation.

You will note that students are not scheduled to begin their GSoC projects until May 26th. Use the time until then to communicate with your mentor, to become familiar (if you aren't already) with the Joomla! community, the Joomla! codebase and other material that you will need to study to get up to speed with in order to be successful this summer.

In order to get started, please email me at [email protected] and include the following:
1. A picture of yourself
2. Your Skype ID (please register on Skype if you haven't done so already)
3. Your Joomla! forum nickname (please register if you haven't done so already)

As a final note, we have chosen you because we believe that you have creative ideas, that you are talented and able and because you have a great deal of potential that will benefit the Joomla! project. We can't wait to see the product of your effort! The summer promises to be a lot of hard work, but we believe it will be worth it and that everybody involved will find it a very rewarding experience.

magsol
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Congratulations to Accepted Students!

Post by magsol » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:23 pm

1, 2, and 3, check!

Really looking forward to this!!! :D

kubota
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kubota » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi all!

My name is Flavio Kubota. I'm 21yr old and I'm finishing Computer Science undergrad course at University of Campinas - Brazil. I will work on Revision control at article component.
I looking forward to a great summer!

nakulgan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nakulgan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Hello,
I'm Nakul Ganesh S,from India.I'm 19 years old and I'm currently in my second year in Information Science & Engineering.I will be working on Joomla! Media manager.

A Joomla! summer ahead :D

Thank you

magsol
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by magsol » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Right, introductions... :-[

I'm Shannon. I'm 23 years old, finishing up my undergraduate degree in computer science at Georgia Tech, heading off to graduate school in the fall at Carnegie Mellon, and thrilled to be doing OpenSocial integration with Joomla! for the summer. :D

I have a nasty tendency to post A LOT. Consider yourselves warned. :pop

lgalarra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lgalarra » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi everyone:

My name is Luis Galárraga, I am 22 years old and currently finishing my undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering at ESPOL, Ecuador. I will be working in the extension oriented to research departments. I am really motivated and compromised with this project.

It is time to work hard!!! :geek:

kubota
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kubota » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi,

How can I talk to mentors?

alexazevedo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by alexazevedo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Hi!
My name is Alex!
I'm a 22yr old computer science undergraduated student from UFF ( Fluminense Federal University - Rio de Janeiro / Brazil ) working on " Multi-DB support, and Database abstraction layer implementation for Joomla!"

Let's enjoy our summer 8) of code!

3dentech
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by 3dentech » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:08 am

Hello 4 all,

My name is Marcelo Eden, Im 22yr student of Information Systems at Integrated University of Recife (brazil). I had been accepted in GSoC to develop a multimedia solution which aims to simplify the creation of streaming sites (like [youtube]) with Joomla! :eek:

Congratulations to All GSoC Students, Softwares, Mentors and Ideas.
Hail, Hail Joomla!!!!! :D
http://3den.org
3DEN - Open Software

japie1001
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by japie1001 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:08 pm

Hey,

I'm Tim, 18 years old and in my second year Business Economics. My idea is in this topic (custom layouts component).

Good luck with your projects everyone!

dr_drsh
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by dr_drsh » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi ,

I'm Mostafa Muhammad , I'm 22 Years old (Will be 23 next may :) ), I'm a 5th year student at Al-Azhar School of medicine(Cairo, Egypt) and I will be creating a WYSIWYG Forms component for 1.5

Thank you for your confidence Joomla! and good luck everyone :)
http://mostafa.mosmar.com/blog | My blog
http://mostafa.mosmar.com/jforms | JForms - WYSIWYG Forms Component for J! 1.5 (Beta)

jaeck
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jaeck » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:10 pm

Hello, my name is Jacek Zielinski and I am studing Computer Science at Poznan University of Technology. I will create unified tagging interface to tag any Joomla! content. I am very proud I can particpate in Google Summer of Code :)
Good luck everybody! :D

chantal_b
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by chantal_b » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi, my name is Chantal Bisson and I'm a second year student in Software engineering at Laval University in Quebec City, Canada. My project is to create a new contact component for Joomla! that will give more flexibility and new features.

Glad to meet you all and have fun this summer coding.

skbohra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by skbohra » Sun May 04, 2008 4:13 am

Hi
I am Shree Kant Bohra, a 2nd year Information Technology student, at Engineering College, Bikaner. My project is about making a auto firfox addon generator tool for Joomla!

happy codinG! this summer

Return to “Student area”