Cannot Install Extensions

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
auzmartist
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Cannot Install Extensions

Post by auzmartist » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:25 pm

Hello,
I am moving our site to a remote windows server from unix because of a new version of php on the Windows server's that our host provides. I am unable to install extensions on the new site though, because of my /tmp and /logs folders are "unwritable". I have contacted my host and they claim time and time again that everything is writable for the web user. In the meantime, my work is stagnating as I wait for 3+ hours for my host to fiddle with permissions to no avail. Has anyone had this problem? How can I fix it? Thanks for the help!

auzmartist
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Cannot Install Extensions

Post by auzmartist » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Alright, well it looks like I hadn't tried everything. After quite a while, I finally got the full path right on a hunch. I put that in to my configuration.php file and Viola!, things are writable now. However, I am still faced with a bewildering problem. I am still unable to install extensions. Here is the error that I get:
Warning! Failed to move file.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(\f810-e4.msp.eschelon.com\customer-home\C\colopetro\tmp\com_akeeba-3.3.b1-core.zip) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in \\f810-e4.msp.eschelon.com\customer-home\C\colopetro\libraries\joomla\filesystem\file.php on line 351

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'C:\WINDOWS\Temp\php186A.tmp' to '\f810-e4.msp.eschelon.com\customer-home\C\colopetro\tmp\com_akeeba-3.3.b1-core.zip' in \\f810-e4.msp.eschelon.com\customer-home\C\colopetro\libraries\joomla\filesystem\file.php on line 351
Unable to find install package
I opened file.php and took a look at it. Here's the comment on line 351:
// Short circuit to prevent file permission errors
Anyone know what might be preventing me from installing anything?

auzmartist
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by auzmartist » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:11 pm

It's looking like it's still a permissions error but specific to the .zip file or something...I may be completely wrong but I'm just jotting down my thoughts.

iyke20024
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by iyke20024 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:15 am

I am having the same problem after following almost all instructions from othe thread..or maybe I am missing something here.

See the error massage I am getting:
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
Path does not have a valid package
After installing VirtueMart I could no longer install any plugins or extension.
I even updated from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5.. Still facing the same problem.

For 6 days now I have not been able to complete installation of my shop on Joomla.
I want to accept payment using 2checkout

Anyone know what we should since we are having a similar issue or case here.

joomilove
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by joomilove » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 pm

When I go to Extensions->Extension Manager->Upload Package File and select the extension from the upload package file tab (for Joomla 1.5-2.5) it gives the error

Code: Select all

An error has occurred.
SQL=SHOW FIELDS FROM `komento_activities`
The table komento_activities does not exist in my database. It appears as if it is trying to create it, but cannot. I do not see any errors in my logs. The extension website does not offer any troubleshooting for this problem.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?
Joomla! is a extremely customizable

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”