Help needed re installing on localhost with IIS 5.1

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
quiley595
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Help needed re installing on localhost with IIS 5.1

Post by quiley595 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi folks... hope I have the correct forum here....
I am having a major problem getting Wampserver 2.1 and Joomla going on a rebuilt laptop (badly virus infected)... previous build was fine.

I reformatted and reinstalled XP Pro, and all the apps like Firefox, Wampserver 2.1 (previously I used 2.0) etc.

When I start Wampserver, the icon remains orange, not green. It says that it is online though. Try to access Localhost and I am asked for a userid and password.

OK.... I changed the Firefox config key "network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris" to include "localhost". Now I can get into Localhost...... but it comes up with some scren relating to Windows IIS 5.1.

NOW... to get the orange Wampserver fixed.
I changed the Apache httpd.conf file from:
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen 80
To
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen 8080

OK.... That fixed the Firefox thing. Now the Wampserver icon goes green. It is Offline, but I can click "Put Online" and it goes orange, then green. So things look ok. But when I now try localhost, I get the Windows IIS 5.1 stuff again.

If I try http: //localhost/Joomla, I get a page not found.

NOW....
If I click on Wampserver>Apache>Service>Test Port 80, I get a pop-up saying:
"Your port 80 is actually used by: Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1"

So the bottom line is that I think this IIS 5.1 is the root of the problem..... But I dont know for sure, and dont know what to do about it.

Can I simply remove IIS 5.1, and if so, how?

Can any of you good folk steer me in the right direction? My hair is falling out over this :-) :-).

regards
Mike

quiley595
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Help needed re installing on localhost with IIS 5.1

Post by quiley595 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Now Fixed...

I know I could probably have removed IIS using Add/remove Windows Components, but I thought I would try a work-around first.
Seems to be OK now.

thnx all

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”