500 error after clearing cache...help!

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ansa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

500 error after clearing cache...help!

Post by ansa » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:30 pm

I'm still pretty new to Joomla. This is only my 3rd site and I've had it for about 6 months now, still tinkering, but mostly its set up. Just working on the content now. Today I went in to add an article and when I tried to refresh the home page to see the new article...it was gone. The whole site! I can still get into the administrative end with no problem, but not the front end! Firefox does nothing but show me an empty white page. Chrome shows a 500 error message.

The only other thing I did was clear the cache under maintenance option before refreshing the site. Maybe this is a bad idea? I do this because otherwise it takes SOOO long for me to see my changes. Is there a better way???

What happened!? How do I fix it? I could restore the site I guess, but really want to know what I did and how to not do it again.

speedziarz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: 500 error after clearing cache...help!

Post by speedziarz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Try to clean cache again, check in database and clean the browser cache, and then refresh the site... Maybe it is only because something broke on your server, maybe this is database fault. Try and write what happen.
Do you use standard cache or JotCache ?
Strona edukacyjna z fizyki, jest niezwykle przydatna dla gimnazjum, liceum oraz na studiach - http://fizyka.dk jest trudna, ale dzięki http://fizyka.dk/tablice/wzory/wzory-li ... rta-wzorow i nie tylko, łatwo można nauczyć się fizyki.

ansa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ansa » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:07 am

speedziarz wrote:Try to clean cache again, check in database and clean the browser cache, and then refresh the site... Maybe it is only because something broke on your server, maybe this is database fault. Try and write what happen.
Do you use standard cache or JotCache ?
I tried cleaning the cache again, and purged expired cache as well. No luck. No change. What do you mean by check in database? Not sure what I am checking for. Can you explain a bit more? I am just using the standard cache. Thanks for the help!

ice5192
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ice5192 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:17 am

i have 2.5.4 installed and i am having the 500 error almost every 10 to 15 mins pop up.... I am the Lead Tech on the hosting company and we have no issues this seems to be since the 2.5.3 release it when it started here with us.

Besides the error it takes for ever to install modules and also it times out this has been since 2.5.3 there is a bug some were any body else having this issue on the community our clients have been complaining about it now we just have no idea what to do.

manshoomehra
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by manshoomehra » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Turn OFF SEF Urls and rename .htaccess to htaccess.txt and see if you are still getting 500 error.
or
Sometimes with 500 error, another message is displayed like:
"PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit)"
Check if you are getting any other message followed by 500 error on same page. In such case, check the msg may be there is something bothering in php.ini
I faced "PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit)" problem with 500 error message so I had to fix it. Just sharing my experience with you.
Hope this helps!!

venproduction
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by venproduction » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:32 am

I heard removing the cache might help?

petrosal
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by petrosal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Google App Engine 500 Error, but why?
I am getting the following error in App Engine after I deployed it. Does anybody know the reason? It's causing an error page sometimes. It seems simplejson is the cause...

mainstwebguy
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mainstwebguy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:26 pm

I had this issue come out of nowhere. Turned out to be in the configuration.php. For me, the dbhost was set to localhost, but when i changed it to the ip it worked.

try switching "localhost" to be "127.0.0.1:3306" and see if it helps. This solved my issues

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”