Permission denied error when saving the Global Configuration

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
johnsm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Permission denied error when saving the Global Configuration

Post by johnsm » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:26 am

I am running joomla 1.5.25 on IIS 6.0 Everything works fine except for one issue. When trying to access the Global Configuration under:
Administration >> Site >> Global Configuration

I was getting a FastCgi error until I determined what the culprit was. It was the file application.php under:

administrator >> components >> com_config >> controllers

The offending line was: $stores = JCache::getStores();

If I comment out this line, the Global configuration works but I can not save my changes. I get a permission denied error when trying to save the changes. I read that I need to get caching working correctly for the permissions issue to be resolved, but I do not know how to fix the FastCGI error from the JCache line above.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks.

mici
I've been banned!

Re: Permission denied error when saving the Global Configura

Post by mici » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm new to joomla and I'm configuring my first site, but ended having a problem with the Global Configuration, when I try to save it, i receive a 500 error.

I'm using php internal server to run it, "php -S localhost:8081"... everything else is working fine..

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”