Internal Server Error

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
hospice1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Internal Server Error

Post by hospice1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:14 pm

Our site is experiencing an Internal Server Error - 500 out of nowhere. I contacted the host and everything is working fine on their end. I checked the htaccess file and all is in order as well as the web.config file since we are on a Windows Server. We have been down for a full day and can't afford the lapse in donations.

The website is hbts.org

Please Help!
:'(

AvengerXP
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Internal Server Error

Post by AvengerXP » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:40 pm

I get the samee 500 error

Put simply, the 500 error is the Web servers way of saying “Something went wrong but I can't tell you what, sorry.” This is what we call a “server-side” error. That means that there is something wrong with the server who is hosting the website.

ask if your host can use your web ?

TCoder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TCoder » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 pm

IIS has a few tools that can help you out..

Try installing Failed Request Tracing: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/tr ... ing-in-iis

You can enable to capture only 500 errors, it should detail out where the failure happens, which will give you clues on where you should look to fix the error

TCoder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TCoder » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 pm

Ugh, did I just reply to a 2014 post :/

I guess not many people use IIS to install Joomla, if this was one of the top threads.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”