DB Connection failure at session_start()

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sbatta
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

DB Connection failure at session_start()

Post by sbatta » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:26 pm

The server hard disk failed and was restored from backup. On starting Joomla 1.5 site (hosted on IIS, Win 2003), I get "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL".

- Testing connection using a test.php file with parameters taken from configuration.php works.
- Checked user at mysql prompt, user and password are good, grants are present for the right DB.
- Digged into joomla code, worked in LAMP 6 years ago, found the call session_start() is causing the aforementioned exception in /joomla/session/session.php

Any ideas what's going on as to why the Db Connection is failing? Thanks for your help in advance.

bjsadmin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: DB Connection failure at session_start()

Post by bjsadmin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:21 am

If you're still using Joomla! 1.5 then I would recommend you to get the latest version now. As per the error that I see it seems that the database does not have enough privileges of the database user!

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”