How to get to page 1 in Results

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

AFSLoansOnline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to get to page 1 in Results

Post by AFSLoansOnline » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Can anyone here tell me how to get to page one form page two on google results for a specific keyword phrase. I mean I am positioned #11 and I'd like to get to 10 or higher. My Pagerank is a 4. Maybe some good backlinks? The keyword phrase is Business Loans. If youcan help, please leave a reply. Also, am I allowed to put my url in the body of these paragraphs and would that be a backlink. Not really sure about all of this SEO stuff. Alos, if I'm allowed place my url, can I use the above keyword phrase as an Anchor text to get a back link from this site?

Any help is appreciated as I'm trying to move one tiny position up.

Thank You
Last edited by toivo on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: locked topic to stop attracting spam
http://www.afsloansonline.com or http://www.afsloansonline.com/staticpag ... Loans.aspx I Am going to try and use Joomla to create a blog for my companies site.

myhello
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to get to page 1 in Results

Post by myhello » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:51 pm

get more quality link with anchor text business loans..
http://jogart.com Web Design Indonesia | http://hatcaklet.com PTC List

MobiMan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MobiMan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:09 pm

yep, anchor helps
and im using same phrases at the main text also with different tags and in different context
and it works well for my sites
ipixfree.com - Mobile Content

AFSLoansOnline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AFSLoansOnline » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:17 pm

Are you on page 2 f a lot of results also?

Thanks - more backlinks is your answer but sites backlink to us all of the time already.

I think more background is needed to formulate a correct plan of action. My problem is that I had written the site and have gotten into great positions organically by correctly designing and being a content rich site. Like I had said, the SEO stuff, I don't know too much about, so I just designed it to be a great site with great content and easy to navigate. Accommodative Financial Solutions is an authoritative site within its industry and won't give financial compensation for forwarding someone to our site - it's not in our budget, so how does one go about finding the webmasters that would actually send thru clients to our website for free because Accommodative Financial Solutions is the authority on Business Loans. Some sites have already linked to us because of our authority on the subject of business loans and that's part of the reason that we are probably doing so well, A lot of companies that sell businesses directly send their client to us with a link from their homepage or a subpage, but that is to help get their clients obtain business loans and other financing needed to further their own website interest, in other words (we are essential to their business) but we need to increase that.

The thing is, up until now we have been passive about it and it has just happened (which is probably the best way), but what do you do when you need more? Do you start calling companies and asking them? Sounds like a beggar's story!

I don't think that I would put someone else's site on mine if they cold called me, unless I was convinced of their authority on the subject. In this case Accommodative Financial Solutions is the Authority on the subject of Business Loans so to call web masters or owners of sites (specifically whose clients would benefit from Accommodative's help) may be a positive idea to get them to forward their clients to us for their business loan needs. Maybe some marketing material physically mailed prior to the phone call would give the necessary credibility ahead of time, so that when asked, the owner or webmaster may have had the time to research the loan consulting company before receiving the initial phone call. After all, there are a lot of Loan Consulting Companies, but only a few have the authoritative status that we do because of the content rich site.

I'm sorry about the rambling, but I'm thinking out loud and it may help someone else out there who is in the same position. All in all, additional links may be necessary, but how to get them is the question. First and foremost, find company's whose clients would benefit from your products or services. Send marketing material explaining your authority on the subject that is essential to help put their clients needs first, then make the phone call and hope for the best.

Does anyone else have any better solutions or want to join in on the discussion, we'd love to hear from you and this is a very important topic for many sites, (every site that is organically listed on page two can ultimately benefit if we can come up with a good enough solution) that will be helping a lot of people. Millions and Millions as I am sure that I'm not the only one on the cusp of page one organic rankings for certain keyword search terms and this dialog can be quite helpful for all that is in the same situation. So please feel free to discuss your entire situation and let’s get a group going that really helps with this issue. It is one of those "so close that you can smell it" issues where, if cooperatively we can find a way to overcome it - that would be great!

Thanks Again
http://www.afsloansonline.com or http://www.afsloansonline.com/staticpag ... Loans.aspx I Am going to try and use Joomla to create a blog for my companies site.

AFSLoansOnline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AFSLoansOnline » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:24 pm

I'm sorry Mobiman, I didn't mean to dismiss your answer, it's just that I'm speaking of a specific page that's on the cusp, so I don't think that it's the correct time to start experimenting with new tags. if it were organically ranked 50 or something like that I can see using that as a good technique to experiment with, but when you are #11 orginiacally and want to get to 10 - it just feels wrong to start screwing around with the tags.

But I really do appreciate your input and I will try it on phrases where I'm not as close and see how it works.

thx!

MobiMan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MobiMan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:02 pm

as a matter of fact, i would never have a deal with a query like this! too tight =)
i'd prefer to gather more queries like "blablabla kw" and "kw blablabla" =)
ipixfree.com - Mobile Content

AFSLoansOnline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AFSLoansOnline » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:54 pm

Mobiman,

Don't get me wrong, I like your advice. The thing is we need to figure out what to do with this particular sitaution. I have a lot of pages that are #12-#100 orgainically and I'm going to implement the changes that you suggested.

The issue is what to do when your ranked orginically as #11 when you need to be at #10 for most normal IE explorer 10 per page setups for quieries thru google.

That's the focus, so I don't want to go off track even though it is a tremendously good suggestion and one that I'm going to try for other pages.

thx.

AFSLoansOnline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AFSLoansOnline » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:53 pm

This is not a promotion , advertisement or endorsement for the company whose url I'm about to post. I have no interest in the company and today was the first time I ever had even seen this company. Just so you know that this is not some kind of stealth spam. I am personally neutral on their site becuase I have never done business with them, but here on Joomla is the only place where I believe that I can get a true response to my question without bias or salesmanship playing a role, so here goes:

In your opinion, is it worth paying for any of these three packages, or can I gather all of the information they are offering for a fee for free here on this Joomla's Site?

http://www.alledia.com/index.php?option ... =subscribe

Because why should I shell out my hard earned cash if I have found the source to get the same information for free?

Thank You and I hope to get responses. For those of you interested in wanting to know why I am asking, the reason is that I would like put a blog directly on my site rather than having an out side blog like wordpress or Blogger or one of those. I want my site to have its own blog.

Any opinions on that would be much appreciated as well. Is it better to have your own internal blog on your site or to use the premade blogs like the ones I have mentioned above? And if so why is one better than the other?

Please don't hold back if you have strong feelings one way or the other.

I'm hoping that by having my own blog I can help lift my site up organically in the search results as has been mentioned above in my previous posts. I am at # 11 -20 on so may differing keyword phrases and I'd like to get to #10 or above.

That is why I have listed this in the same thread as the other post, becuase in reality it is related. I am still trying to figure out a good solution to get bumped up just a little, a notch on the search engine results and by having my own blog I can add very useful and relevant content to my site.

Thank You Again for helping. This is a very nice and friendly forum! It is a pleasure and almost feels like a privalage to be able to ask quetions and get responses from experts for free. You can't beat that! Thank you Joomla for creating this community and environment to both teach and learn.

mainstwebguy
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mainstwebguy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:37 pm

I use a few inexpensive tools to help with my SEO clients... check out "SEO Spy Glass" it's a tool that discovers links from sites that are ranking well and gives you a really cool report of all the backlinks. You can download it for free and it should help you see where your competition is getting their links from and hopefully point you in the right direction on where you can get the same quality links to your site. I'm not affiliated with the company, but i do use that tool (the free version) as well as a few others from them... they're quite nice

Lamai007
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lamai007 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:04 am

:D Thank you.

javieran01
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by javieran01 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Get good inbound links, write articles with unique content using key words, updated your web page with new information every week, these will help.

hdwillis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hdwillis » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:50 pm

It is going to take a lot of patience. It took me almost a year to get my client to #2 for the fairly competitive keyphrase: discount shopping. It takes patience, focus, and hard work. If there was a quick solution the search engines would be useless.

ardhindie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ardhindie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Create a web template that search engine friendly, exchange link with blogger, and create an unique content

MrMoxxx
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MrMoxxx » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:59 am

There is a LOT of different aspects to SEO, both onsite and offsite. I can recommend this ressource for SEO education, both his tools on site and book :)
http://dating.co.uk - Dating site with matchmaking for singles

serrbiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by serrbiz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

Sounds like you understand the basic fine and should follow the advice that has been given here. Everything about SEO is ONLINE is scattered places. Experts do have their value, but is mostly in fast knowledge transfer and experience. Though, you can learn it yourself.

I would recommend an SEO audit, then creating a custom strategy based on your objectives.

In either case, continue building readable unique content (RUC) and relevant link popularity. (RLP).

Greg_NST
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Greg_NST » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 am

First, if you are interested in SEO, you should take the time to learn some really important concepts about search engine optimization. Understand that you are competing against companies that have full time SEO departments working to keep their page in the top ten. You've got to be competitive and, in this industry, knowledge is a major competitive advantage. The most important one is that your <title> tags are all important. Now, when I go to your website, I find that your title is

<title>Unsecured Personal Loans | Accommodative Financial Solutions</title>

Second, you dismissed Mobiman's suggestions without taking the time to understand what he was saying. Most SEO 'experts' agree that putting a keyword in tags like <b> (bold), <strong> (strong), or <hx> (where x is a number between 1 - 5) can help you make up small differences in ranking results. The idea being that when a robot looks at your page, it says, "hmmmmm, I bet that this word is important because it is in bold."

Third, meta tags are all but useless nowadays, except for the fact that many directories use your meta description as your site description. Search engines pay attention to the words that surround your links - some experts even suggest that the words surrounding your links are more important than the anchor text itself. I don't completely agree, but why not get every small advantage you can?

<meta name="description" content="Accommodative Financial Solutions are the experts when it comes to gaining approved for your Personal Anytime Loans or Unsecured Personal Loans, Lines of Credit etc… Safe, Fast and Secure are just some of the benefit that we boast about."/>

(Note - check your grammar, 'are the experts when it comes to gaining approved', 'just some of the benefit that we boast about'...I also strongly suggest that you avoid 'etc...' Remember, people will judge you and your entire company based upon your command of the English language.)

Fourth, meta keywords are especially useless, but if you were really serious about a first page rank in 'business loan', I would expect to find the word business in those tags. However, your site uses the following tag for meta keywords.

<meta name="keywords" content="Unsecured personal loan, unsecured personal loans, Personal Loan, Personal Loans, Personal Line of Credit, loan,l oans Loans for, Furniture, Vacations, Bills, vacation, wedding, gifts"" id="keywords">

I'm down with going after misspellings, but I'm not sure why you have 'l oans Loans for' as a keyword....

Fifth, you will have more luck if you make sure that the word 'business' appears in the alt tag for every single image on your page.

Sixth, check your keyword density. I took the time to do a full analysis on your page and discovered the following frequency information.

loans - 6.6%
personal - 6.5%
unsecured - 5.8%
business - 4.5%
credit - 4.4%
you - 3.4%
line - 3.2%
your - 2.1%
loan - 1.8%
home -1.3%

Out of nearly 1000 words (with 3 or more characters), you only use the string 'business loan', eleven times. You might want to do some work on that - it will help you a lot, trust me.

Seventh, you're not listed in DMOZ. I can't stress this enough, get listed in DMOZ. I suggest submitting your site to around 10 free, non-reciprocal directories every week. Don't do more than that - you don't want your site to look spammy. But, if you submit to 10 directories a week, you'll discover that your page rank will slowly start to rise.

And finally, this has nothing to do with SEO, but seriously mate, hire a proofreader.

"The longer that a company is in this business, the more that they realize that its success is made up of very intelligent individuals who have seen just about every type of financing vehicles and every credit line available and every situation, so there is nothing new about your Personal Loans request, although they are Unsecured, it is old hat to us and we know how to handle it correctly through years of personal experience."

Learn from the best. Financial institutions use short and crisp sentences because they imply professionalism. Severe run-on sentences imply that you don't pay attention to detail, or usability.

Best of luck, mate! Looks like you've got a great site going on - just make a few small changes and you'll get those top ten rankings you crave.

G

hdwillis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hdwillis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:25 pm

Greg_NST wrote:First, if you are interested in SEO, you should take the time to learn some really important concepts about search engine optimization. Understand that you are competing against companies that have full time SEO departments working to keep their page in the top ten. You've got to be competitive and, in this industry, knowledge is a major competitive advantage. The most important one is that your <title> tags are all important. Now, when I go to your website, I find that your title is...

Greg -- this is an impressive response. I hope he is happy you took all this time.

Greg_NST
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Greg_NST » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:26 pm

Thank you for the compliment.

I've got to be honest though, I love everything about search engines and, most specifically, optimizing pages for search engine results. The inner workings of Google are, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful things I have ever been witness to. Watching incredibly small changes to a site create huge changes in ranking results has to be one of the most rewarding things imaginable. Consequently, writing that response was a labour of love!

AFS - You have got a tremendous site and you have done some amazing work. Please let us know how you fare!

AFSLoansOnline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AFSLoansOnline » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:02 am

Hi All,
Got to Page one on Business Loans and Unsecured Business Loans, So we are faring very well and I must thank you all for your suggetions. Now we are trying and having a hard time getting on the front page of Personal Loans. Again, we are #13 on this, so we are again so close that we can smell it. More hard work, quality backlinks and content rich text, and fixing my tags and I think that we'll be there. You guys are great, thanks for the help and I'll let you know how it goes from here!

I really need a proof reader though.

Again,

Thank you for all of your help - any new SEO info to pass on, please do so.

websight
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by websight » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:25 am

AFS - congratulation on getting to Page one for those terms. If you continue to get links from sites, such as the directories that Greg_NST suggests your ablity to gain ranking will continue to grow. It can take time so just keep at it and continue to see success.

Greg_NST - EXCELLENT responce and advice!

borsuk31
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by borsuk31 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:16 pm

The short answer is links + on-page optimisation (they are some good joomla seo plugins to help you do that as well). Then it comes to links focus on guest posts and blog comments this is what works for me at the moment

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Necro-post nonsense. Waste of time. Please lock this forum.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Topic locked, as requested.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”