Rss feed don't work when default SEF enabled ??

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

dotcom22
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Rss feed don't work when default SEF enabled ??

Post by dotcom22 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:35 pm

hi

I just discover when I use default joomla SEF (with the 3 option enabled that mean Search Engine Friendly URLs + Use Apache mod_rewrite + Add suffix to URLs) the feed don't work. If I disable option "Add suffix to URLs" the feed work...

Is not possible to enable all SEF options and to make feed work without problem ??

And if I disable option "Add suffix to URLs" is good or not for SEO ? I think is better to enable the suffix...

It seem we must choose between disable "Add suffix to URLs" for make possible to use rss feed without problem OR to enable "Add suffix to URLs" but loose ability to use rss feed..

any comment about ?

thank

dotcom22
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Rss feed don't work when default SEF enabled ??

Post by dotcom22 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Nobody have a suggestion ?

My goal is to have working Syndication Feed (using default joomla module mod_syndicate) and Joomla SEF enabled with all options including "add suffix"...

Am suprised to see in the JED no other module is proposed/developed who permit to display a correct working URL..

Or maybe is possible to do by adding something to .htaccess ??

I found some other related post here:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=260314

In conclusion what we must do ? Disable "add suffix" for get working RSS url ? It is a Joomla bug or is normal ???

2ninerniner2
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by 2ninerniner2 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Howdy,

Just found this out toady! Same thing: Add suffix to URLs = Yes and no RSS feed with the core Joomla! RSS Set it to NO and there ya go, as it should be. This is the latest J! 1.5.17. Is there no way around this? I've scoured the forum and the "big G" to no avail. I would still like to have the suffix on the URLs.

Cheers!
Lyle
@snifflevalve

dotcom22
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dotcom22 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:45 pm

2ninerniner2 wrote:Howdy,

Just found this out toady! Same thing: Add suffix to URLs = Yes and no RSS feed with the core Joomla! RSS Set it to NO and there ya go, as it should be. This is the latest J! 1.5.17. Is there no way around this? I've scoured the forum and the "big G" to no avail. I would still like to have the suffix on the URLs.

Cheers!
Lyle
Do you have installed a plugin called JoomSeo ? If yes the problem come from here... See this post:

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... m_id=18815

2ninerniner2
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by 2ninerniner2 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:56 pm

Nope, do not have that plugin. This is all with the core Joomla! items. I have turned off the suffix for the time being until a "fix" can be found for this.
@snifflevalve

jmlarsen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jmlarsen » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:33 am

Bump. Nobody knows the answer to this? I would assume that this problem affects nearly everyone!

Leftfield
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Leftfield » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:07 am

Jmlarsen, it seams that might be a hosting issue. Try with some module from extension directory.

Suffix or not? Whatever. I prefer not. .html should have slightly better advantage but nothing too important.
Personal website (SEO & SEM): https://www.vujosevic.com

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”