Joomla, Drupal or Wordpress ?

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

DanielForkhe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla, Drupal or Wordpress ?

Post by DanielForkhe » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Make a beautiful and quite functional site for a few hours you can only use Joomla. Using some third-party components, your site will not concede on the Wordpress SEO friendly.

RichardsLaw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RichardsLaw » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 pm

The funny thing is that you aren't likely to get a completely unbiased opinion about whether you should learn Joomla in the Joomla forums. That being said, I am a complete novice that has figured out Joomla. It has served me well.

unimaginable
I've been banned!

Post by unimaginable » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:27 pm

I'd go for all three of them. Different projects -different CMSs, so if you master all of them - you'll not be left out. But since WordPress is the easiest, you can start from it, then Joomla and finally Drupal.

hurleysltd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hurleysltd » Thu May 23, 2013 6:38 am

I personally havent found wordpress to be easier than joomla. In fact every aspect of joomla seems more straight forward. Wordpress is fantastic for blogs but for sites I'd always choose joomla.
Drupal is extremely more flexible and powerful however you need to have some more tec knowledge to use Drupal than to use Joomla if you are a newbie to website designing, databases and CMS systems.

WP4J
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by WP4J » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:26 am

I agree with Hurley, WordPress is fantastic for running a blog, nothing really compares, but as soon as you start needing other functionality on your site like forums and such you are going to have problems. I have found in my experience that extensions for Joomla are of a higher quality due to the stringent MVC pattern, people need to have a higher level of programing expertise to work with Joomla and this seems to reflect in quality of the extensions.

Good Luck with it!
Billy Dale - Lead Developer for WP4J.com
http://WP4J.com - WordPress completely integrated with Joomla!
http://WP4J.com/demo - Demo the best multiuser blogging component for Joomla!

NoHands
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by NoHands » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:07 am

Wordpress is easy to use however I think it is limited and the plugins can be flakey.
Joomla has a great range of extensions and components tools.

It's a good idea to get to learn all three and pick one that you feel comfortable with.

I've tried all three for my business and Joomla is the direction for us at this point it has a great active forum as you can see, and lots of templates.

Goodluck

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”