Titles and Meta Information Not Changing

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

daveses
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Titles and Meta Information Not Changing

Post by daveses » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 am

Hey Guys,

I've had a client come on board running a Joomla 1.5 site with Virtuemart 1... oh the joys of old tech...

The issue I'm facing is that page titles, meta descriptions, and meta keywords tags aren't changing despite the method being used to modify them.

Method 1 (Typical Joomla):
  • Changed the page titles in the menu item parameters.
  • Changed Meta information in the article parameters.
Outcome:
Page titles & meta information haven't changed. The titles are still showing as the name of the article, and the meta description and keywords are still pulling from the global settings.

Method 2 (Tag Meta):
  • Used a component called tag meta.
  • Set the URL for the information to be changed (have used this program before, it IS Setup correctly :P)
  • Changed titles, descriptions, keywords etc through the component.
Outcome:
Page titles & meta information haven't changed. The titles are still showing as the name of the article, and the meta description and keywords are still pulling from the global settings.

All Joomla view files seem to be written to gather the title information correctly, BUT, they aren't.

I'm at a loss here now, no idea where to move forward from here. Any ideas?

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Titles and Meta Information Not Changing

Post by sitesrus » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Have you tried clearing out any cache in joomla and browser cache? If you are referring to google, it will take time for google to crawl your site and be updated to reflect new information like meta data.

Best is to also get a sitemap and submit to google and other engines indicating frequency of changes to be expected and importance.
I like working with Joomla :)

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”