Customize and Display Layout / URL of K2 Articles in Joomla

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

kalyan matka
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Customize and Display Layout / URL of K2 Articles in Joomla

Post by kalyan matka » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:28 pm

I'm currently designing a website in Joomla working with the k2 extension for Joomla. Let's simplify things and say I made a Category "A" of k2 articles.

1) I link a main menu to display the articles in "A" by defining the menuitem type as "JA K2 Filter" --> "Items List", and by choosing the associated category "A". If the user of the website clicks on one of the articles, the content is displayed on a new page (without opening a new page), and "/component/k2" is inserted into the URL.

2) I link a main menu to display the articles in "A" by defining the menuitem type as "K2" --> "Categories", and by choosing the associated category "A". If the user of the website clicks on one of the articles, the content is displayed on the same page, but the URL extension is very user friendly, no "/component/k2" insertion, nothing.

I tried the two options above, but what I want to reach is that articles are displayed on a new page (without opening a new site) as in Option 1), but with a user-friendly URL, without any weird insertions, as it happens with option 2). Any help ????

Then, how can I customize the Layout of the display of k2 articles ? for example that the articles defined as the "primary" articles in the settings appear centered (e.g. in the middle column of 3, if only one article is in that row, etc.) ?
Visited https://singlejodi.com/

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Customize and Display Layout / URL of K2 Articles in Joomla

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:38 pm

That is madness designing a web site with software that has not been supported for 8 years (Joomla! 1.5 - End of Life Sep 2012).

Start over using the current version of Joomla which is 3.9.15

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”