change template menu in tamil

manibalan2011
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

change template menu in tamil

Post by manibalan2011 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:17 am

Hai This is mani from India.I am developing an website for online shopping in tamil
also i am developing a template "mytemplate" for my website.in my template i have top menu like "home","shop" ,"product page" etc.now i want to change these menu links to tamil.how can i do that.can somebody help me to find the solution.i have attached the image of my site's header ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: change template menu in tamil

Post by imanickam » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:04 pm

First, in the Global Configuration, in the tab Site, in the section SEO Settings, for the option Use Unicode Aliases to Yes. This will create appropriate aliases for objects such as menu item and articles; especially, when you type the title in Tamil.

I believe that you would be using the standard menu from Joomla!. If so, no issues, just create the menu items in Tamil and it would get displayed appropriately.

As an example, you could review the demo-cum-tutorial site http://multilingual-joomla-demo.cloudaccess.net/. Being a demo site, you could log into the site's back-end to see how things are organized.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Tamil Forum”