Local Instal.

General questions relating to Joomla! There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dreynolds20
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Local Instal.

Post by dreynolds20 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:30 am

Hi,

I have installed the Windows Joomla locally on my machine for testing and learning purposes. If I remember rightly when I installed it that was exactly what it was designed for. As I am not a developer I dont really know much about mysql so this kind of install is ideal.

Can I use this for clients or is it not recommended.
I am also looking for a private LAN Intranet version of Joomla, again Windows based for a newbie, can this be used.
What is the deal with upgrading the Windows based version.

Dave

rjs
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Local Instal.

Post by rjs » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:15 pm

This is more of an opinion than anything else, but what I do is run an internal server off on a gateway dmz. Private address space. You can do NAT for accomplishing this. I wouldn't personally run a windows box directly connected to the web. With a router/gateway firewall plus a linux server off on a dmz, you have quite a bit of flexibility and security options. With a 4 port ethernet, you can break down internal networks and associated rules so that you have better control. I would never prefer my internal machines be on the same
network as a webserver.
Last edited by rjs on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==
Best Regards, --rjs

dreynolds20
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Local Instal.

Post by dreynolds20 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:45 pm

Thank you.

So it would be a good way of creating a private Intranet that is not in the public domain, just using a standard Windows server as a web server.

I wouldnt need the DMZ configuration or Linux server with a private Intranet.

Return to “General Questions - 1.0.x”