Unable to change editor -- where does Joomla store data on which editor to use?

Need help with a WYSIWYG-editor in Joomla! 1.0.x? This is the place to be.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tijs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Unable to change editor -- where does Joomla store data on which editor to use?

Post by tijs » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:53 am

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I tried to install TMedit, which went fine. Then I made configuration.php writeable and changed the editor from Mosce 1.0.3 to TMedit. When I try to create a new article, however, mosce is still the editor. So I went back to the global configuration, and TMedit was displayed as the default editor. So I uninstalled mosce as it is giving me a headache on the latest Firefox beta versions. But now there is no editor at all when creating new content. So it looks like Joomla is still looking for the uninstalled mosce.

Now, what I'd like to know, where does Joomla store the information about which editor to use? It is not in configuration.php as far as I can see, so I suppose it is somewhere in the database?

A workaround is to explicitly point to TMedit for the user account I am using to add content, but this is not the general setting.

Could somebody please shed light on this?

Thanks,

t.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Unable to change editor -- where does Joomla store data on which editor to u

Post by Tonie » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:59 am

There is a global value in configuration.php, $mosConfig_editor = 'mosce'; for example. In the #__users table, there is a params column where you can set individual settings per user. This looks something like editor=mosce.

MinnetonkaCZ
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Unable to change editor -- where does Joomla store data on w

Post by MinnetonkaCZ » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:16 am

Hi,

I had the same problem with Joomla 1.5.8. I changed the editor to NO editor, and it appeared to be set to No editor in Global Configuration, but when I get back to Article Manager, I still saw TINY MCE Editor.

THE SOLUTION IS to change the editor also in User settings.

Plus, when TINY MCE Editor refused to insert [youtube] video, using its feature...and when I saved the article, that part with the embeded object was deleted...

THE SOLUTION is to go to Article Manager, click on the Parameters button, and in the filtering options select Registered or other option....there has to be at least one option selected.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Justinaschwarz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Unable to change editor -- where does Joomla store data

Post by Justinaschwarz » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 am

Anyway, I just uninstalled Orstio's Bridge and thought I would give the bridge from joomlahacks a try instead. I have got to agree that when people said the install is messy, they ain't kidding! Anyway, I installed it and tried it. Low and behold the news posting now works again with no image error problems or link problems.

I don't know what was causing the problems I was having with Orstio's, but until someone can work out what was causing the issue I am going to have to use the messy joomlahacks version :(

Return to “WYSIWYG Editors - 1.0.x”