TinyMCE popup not working displaying a blank popup

Need help with a WYSIWYG-editor in Joomla! 1.0.x? This is the place to be.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
kendo17
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

TinyMCE popup not working displaying a blank popup

Post by kendo17 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:52 am

I am trying to add hyperling within 1 of my web pages but when i select the text that i want to hyperlink it will not let me do it it just appears blank. I am looking for a solution to this as i have a lot of hyperlinks to do within my site and also it will not display the HTML editor either. Can someone please help.

I have got to add the hyperlink through the frontend as the backend will not display anything.

Thank you Beforehand

RedCoupe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: TinyMCE popup not working displaying a blank popup

Post by RedCoupe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:07 am

Im having the exact same problem. It's happening to any popup dialog boxes including the adding of an external image.

As I am at work, we are behind a proxy server and firewall and if I turn off my IE or Firefox proxy settings, the popups boxes load perfectly. So I would presume something is being blocked???

Although it's fine for me to turn my proxy settings to off, obviously I cannot allow this permission for all users.

I have also tried creating a totally seperate page using a form with TinyMCE and the exact same thing happens.

I'll continue to try and resolve and will post again if I find anything. Surely other people are getting this problem too?

ssanchez
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ssanchez » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 am

I have the same issue but only on certain machines. It works on IE but not firefox. It used to work so now I have no Idea whats wrong with it. any help?

RedCoupe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RedCoupe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi

Well I can't exactly remember the specifics but it was something to do with TinyMCE requesting something which was being blocked by the proxy server/firewall. A rule was added to allow this traffic and from then on its worked absolutely fine.

Unfortunately I don't work for the same company any more so I can't give you any other details. The best thing I can suggest is to monitor what is being requested when TinyMCE is being used with the popup windows. This should identify the url you need to allow access etc.

Hope that helps or at least point you in the right direction.

ssanchez
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ssanchez » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:54 am

I fixed mine.. I wasen't using the www.website.com/administrator

I was using website.com/administrator

hopefully this helped.

Return to “WYSIWYG Editors - 1.0.x”