JCM Mission statement

A place to discuss and manage all matters related to the Joomla! Community Magazine.
porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

JCM Mission statement

Post by porwig » Wed May 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Let's use this thread to discuss what would be a good mission statement for the magazine. This will hopefully help everyone involved with the magazine especially authors and editors stay focused on our purpose.

I am not by any means an expert on drafting mission statements, but in most cases I think shorter is better.

To help get the discussion started, I'll lift an excerpt from the opening paragraph of the Article submission guidelines document:
The Joomla! Community Magazine provides resources, reviews, news and opinion on the Joomla! world, with an emphasis on all of the positive things happening in the Joomla! project and its community.
I think one important element of the JCM that the above statement misses is that we are actively seeking community participation, and I think that should be captured in our mission statement.

What thoughts, ideas, questions, and suggestions do you have to help us create a JCM mission statement?
Paul Orwig

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: JCM Mission statement

Post by porwig » Tue May 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Here's an update, intended to capture the ideas that the JCM work is done by community members, and that we encourage community members to participate (either through volunteering or submitting articles).
The JCM is a community driven project which provides resources, reviews, news and opinion on the Joomla! world, with an emphasis on all of the positive things happening in the Joomla! project and its community.
Are there any other ideas for changes or improvements?
Paul Orwig

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: JCM Mission statement

Post by porwig » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:56 am

Here's another update, intended to be more precise with wording, and also to better convey other purposes which the JCM seeks to fulfill:
The JCM provides resources, reviews, news, and insights with an emphasis on the positive things happening in the Joomla! project and its community. It is a platform for informing about what can be accomplished with Joomla!, for allowing community members to share their stories and connect with each other, and for promoting better understanding between project leadership and the community. It highlights the contributions of community volunteers, and provides information about different opportunities to support the Joomla! project and its community.
Paul Orwig

Return to “magazine.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”