Roles: current and open

A place to discuss policy and process topics for the Joomla! Community Magazine.

Moderator: Community Magazine

airton
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Roles: current and open

Post by airton » Sat May 15, 2010 12:43 am

Hi Paul,

I'd like to volunteer for a few positions:

- Editor(s): Extensions and Services Evaluation Team
- Editor(s): Joomla! Leadership Updates
- Editor(s): Developer's Workbench
- Editor(s): Did you know...?

Feel free to add me to all or any of them, as you see fit. Also, if you need help with the Lead Editor role, count me in.

Regards,
Airton Torres
Joomla Bug Squad http://groups.google.com/group/joomlabugsquad
Community website - http://community.joomla.org
Unsolicited support PMs will be deleted and the user added to the foes list.

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by porwig » Sat May 15, 2010 1:16 am

Great thanks Airton! I'm going to add you as an editor for the "Did you know...?" section. With that plus I've also got you listed in the Webmaster role, I think that will keep you plenty busy in addition to your bug squashing duties.

I'll send you an email with some more details.

Thanks again,

paul
Paul Orwig

Macsimice
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Macsimice » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Paul (and everybody),

There's a number of teams where I can see that I would be able to contribute. I am a proficient designer in both print and web (I actually worked for a publishing agency many years before I switched to Internet) and I can probably be useful in the Design Team as well as in the Style Guide Team. My experience with stock photography might also come in handy in the Media Editors Team. I have also worked for an advertising agency, so I can imagine I could also be beneficial to anything conceptual or strategic. I can see myself helping out in the Promotions Team and I'd love to share ideas with de Lead Editor(s).

You can let me know in whatever Team(s) my help would be most valuable, I'll help out wherever I can.

Oh, and I am a Joomla web developer, that knowledge might come in handy too :) I would help out in the editor Teams, except it takes me exuberant amounts of time to write anything half decent...
Cheers, Babs
-------------------
http://crossinghippos.com

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by porwig » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi Babs,

Thanks for offering to help us out! For starters I am going to add you to the Promotions team, and we'll find some other roles for you based on your interests. I am just getting back from being out of town for a few days so please give me a chance to get caught up and then we'll figure out where else your help can have the biggest impact.

Can you please send me a PM with your primary email address and your Skype ID if you have one?

Thanks again,

paul
Paul Orwig

SArthur
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SArthur » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi,

I am happy to hear of your new magazine, and I would like to volunteer to assist in the following areas:

Lead Editor(s). Responsibilities: Help define and shape magazine processes/strategy. Insure all content complies with Joomla! content guidelines. Help meet publishing deadlines. Promote the magazine. Assign uncategorized articles to Editors. Support all volunteers. Help out anywhere as needed. Current volunteer(s): Paul Orwig.

Editor(s): Joomla! Leadership Updates. Responsibilities: Responsible for coordinating with and collecting magazine articles from Joomla! leadership teams (CWG, PWG, OSM). Edit articles for this section of the magazine. Insure that all content in this category complies with Joomla! content guidelines. Document contacts, processes and standards. Current volunteer(s): Paul Orwig.

Thank you ;)

SCA

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by porwig » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi SArthur,

Thanks for your interest in joining the JCM team! Could you please send me a PM with your contact details so I can follow up with you privately about your interest?
Paul Orwig

javaguzzler
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javaguzzler » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Hmm...I would love to volunteer but I am a Joomla Beginner and an industry newbie (only a year or so in). However, I am a good writer and teacher and I am very skilled at organizing, coordinating and editing. I would be glad to assist with something/anything - I am familiar with converting docs to pdfs, I can do some follow up, make phone calls, etc. At least until I can contribute more?
The more I learn the more I teach. The more I teach, the more I learn.

Robert_Vining
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Robert_Vining » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi javaguzzler, I'm sure there is some are of the magazine that you can contribute to. Paul is the man with the plan, but he's out of town until the 12th of July. If you can PM him your contact information and what you have time to contribute, I'm sure he will get back in touch with you after he returns.

Thanks!

javaguzzler
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by javaguzzler » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks for replying, I will do my best. I don't think I am allowed to PM yet but I will look into it and try. Appreciate you responding though.
The more I learn the more I teach. The more I teach, the more I learn.

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by porwig » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks Robert for checking in here and following up with javaguzzler.

Javaguzzler,

As Robert suggested, please send me a PM with your contact details and we'll find a role for you to help with on the JCM.

I think with 5 posts here you should be able to send a PM. If not, you can send an email to me at paul.orwig@community.joomla.org.

Thanks,

paul
Paul Orwig

keshavpareek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by keshavpareek » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi Paul,
I want to dive in the role of webmaster responsibilities. Sent you a personal message with further details.
Kindly let me know if you required any other details. I would be delighted to become a part of JCM team.

Best Regards
Keshav Pareek

Return to “Joomla! Community Magazine Editors”