Use of Google translate directly in Joomla?

Do you have an idea for the Joomla community that you can help implement? Discuss in here.
Chacapamac
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Use of Google translate directly in Joomla?

Post by Chacapamac » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:51 pm

I start to explore the possibility with the new “Multilingual Associations” component and I see some interesting possibility with it.

First, on my 3.8.3 when I go to the components the grid of element overflow on the right. It’s maybe only for me because I am using higher resolution flag (bigger) - A feature that I really like to see implanted in the core Joomla. Sadly the core flags images look bad on high resolution screen like phone. Anyway!

One possibility that will be so useful to be integrated in the “Multilingual Associations” component will be to be able to use Google translate (as 99% of web constructors and site editors use anyway) directly in Joomla.

See what I see!

in the “Multilingual Associations” component, you should be able to (at least for article);
- Create/Select an article in a chosen category
- Be able to create already associated copy of this article in any language present in it’s associated category
- Be able to use Google translate to have a fast translation in any language present
- Being able to refine all associated translation and publish the result when finish

What do you think?
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

Chacapamac
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Use of Google translate directly in Joomla?

Post by Chacapamac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Also, the double screen and/or associated article(s) should be available in the edition of articles.
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

stutteringp0et
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by stutteringp0et » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:38 am

My extensions: http://extensions.joomla.org/profile/pr ... ails/18398
Honk if this signature offends you.

Laurenisme
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Laurenisme » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:34 pm

stutteringp0et wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:38 am
You mean like:

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... gtranslate
Thanks stuteringp0et, my website have a multi language now

john-doe
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by john-doe » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Everything comes within preferences.

On my side I'd prefer to write (or have written) the content on other languages besides the primary one and don't rely on automatic translation from Google since not always is accurate. In my line of work is preferrable that the client sends the text, or a copywriter proofreads it and pass it through a translator (person) who can set on the correct context.

Other issue is when you have to deal with Right to Left writings, like Arabic for example. In Arabic not only the text switches orientation and you HAVE to arrange the whole template layout and that is a major issue, since culturally we have a way to read information and design choices must help to orient the reading direction. When you deal with inverse reading direction, going simply backwards is not enough and you need to set things that makes sense.
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

sailom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sailom » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:17 am

stutteringp0et wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:38 am
You mean like:

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... gtranslate
An interesting extension.

I made a forum about football I tried to use Google translate but the feedback is not so good because google translate is not accurate. But it do help a lot for those who doesn't speak English.

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:42 am

It would be good to have a workflow where you use Google/Bing translate doing the first translate then you can correct it and then save the final version.

I see that on one Joomla extension/system but cant remember what extension had that feature?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon May 11, 2020 9:07 am

darb wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:42 am
It would be good to have a workflow where you use Google/Bing translate doing the first translate then you can correct it and then save the final version.
A few years ago Google Translator had such a free feature. The correction facility was a bit clunky but somehow it worked. After enough 'field testing' had been done, Google decided to pull the plug and make their API payable.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Joomla! Ideas Forum”