Porting Joomla to SQL Server

Do you have an idea for the Joomla community that you can help implement? Discuss in here.
manowar_mi77
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Porting Joomla to SQL Server

Post by manowar_mi77 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Guys

I'm new to Joomla and PHP and I've started to play with it one month ago. I'd like to use Joomla for a User Group, but I need it working on SQL Server 2005 and after.

I this last month I've been able to modify Joomla 1.5 so that it installs correctly on SQL Server 2005 and I've started to work on the joomla framework to make is multi-database.

Since now it was more a Proof-Of-Concept than a anything else, but now that I've made serveral test and I'm convinced that can be done (quite) easily I'd like to know if it's better to start to work directly on 1.6 (which seems a little bit more well engineered and organized, speaking from a Data Access Layer perspective) or it better to first work on 1.5 and the redo the work on 1.6 (with the idea that there aren't much changes in DAL architecture from 1.5 to 1.6)

I've just downloaded 1.6 (I'm developing using IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3, Eclipse) and I'll start to look at its DAL more deeply, but of course advice from people with for more experience in joomla development is *really* welcome.

Thanks!

alledia
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Porting Joomla to SQL Server

Post by alledia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Wonderful - thanks manowar

As this is a technical idea (and a very good one) could I ask you to post on the Joomla developers mailing list. The main Joomla developers will all see it there:
http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-cms
Joomla extensions and templates: http://Joomlashack.com

manowar_mi77
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by manowar_mi77 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:19 am

Cool, I'm really happy to see that there is interest in this porting :-)

I'll post the request on the mailing-list ASAP.

See you there, thanks a lot!

newsxportal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by newsxportal » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:03 pm

I'm really happy to see that there is interest in this porting..

Return to “Joomla! Ideas Forum”