Dynamic Encription

Do you have an idea for the Joomla community that you can help implement? Discuss in here.
Forum rules
Global Rules
Posting guidelines for this board <-- please read before posting.

Joomla Idea Pool <-- Add your suggestions for future versions of Joomla and vote on current suggestions.
enbees
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Dynamic Encription

Post by enbees » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 am

Let me share this.

DYNAMIC ENCRIPTION
By: Chairul Nurdin

A fact that is raised in terms of data security on the Internet (web site), among others, the possibility of your password is stolen (or wired) during a login. This fact is quite a headache for Web Site developers, even more for the regular users who are very rarely dealt with programming. Among experts, to the extent, there who had proposed to use of fingerprints for this Login purpose. "Is it really?", I thought.

As a web developer, I am no exception to have to deal with this matter. But thankfully, after going through the effort and thought I finally feel very confident the problem can be solved with something I call "Dynamic Encription".

Encription, simply put, is an encoding-decoding process. Clearly, before the password is submitted (the "login" button is clicked etc.), encription process will start to change your password by way of specific encoding. The basic idea is that the transmitted data should not be your real passowrd, but the results of encoding so that it becomes something completely different from the original (this is what will be tapped). After your endcoded password is transmitted, the next step is to read and translate (or decode) the data into the actual password.

Encription method itself is not new, but in fact, this method has not yet been able to really overcome the problem. New from me is the element of "dynamic" added in the process, which means encription parameters always changing with the passage of time.

Any comment? The idea is implemted live at http: //koperasoft.com.**
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Per the Forum Rules, changed the title that was in ALL UPPERCASE to Mixed Case. Please do not repeat this in the future.
Regards,
enbees, I'm here: http://koperasoft.com

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: DYNAMIC ENCRIPTION

Post by waarnemer » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:17 am

... isn't that why they invented SSL certificates?

enbees
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: DYNAMIC ENCRIPTION

Post by enbees » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks for commenting :)
True, there are methods and techniques that exist to this day aiming to secure the data. But on the other hand, the emergence of the idea to use fingerprint recently make me feel that the ways in which we deal with it so far are not enough to satisfy the needs.
Regards,
enbees, I'm here: http://koperasoft.com

Return to “Joomla! Ideas Forum”