Saving the Joomla Form with CTRL-S

Do you have an idea for the Joomla community that you can help implement? Discuss in here.
Forum rules
Global Rules
Posting guidelines for this board <-- please read before posting.

Joomla Idea Pool <-- Add your suggestions for future versions of Joomla and vote on current suggestions.
lowrykun
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Saving the Joomla Form with CTRL-S

Post by lowrykun » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:07 pm

I've used Joomla for years. I constantly press the CTRL-S (or CMD-S on my Mac) intending to save an entity (article, module, menu item, etc...) and it opens the browser's save function. After years you would think I would learn, but instead I added code that captures the save event and submits the form. The forum won't let me include the javascript in the post, so see the attachment. I tested and it works on all major browsers for both OSX and Windows. Please note that I only tested this on the ISIS template. Other templates may use different HTML or CSS and may require a different jQuery selector to work correctly. I also submitted this suggestion to the ISIS GIT repo, so hopefully it will be incorporated in a future release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lowrykun on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Saving the Joomla Form with CTRL-S

Post by waarnemer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:13 pm

I really do like it.. very useful.. thank you!

lowrykun
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Saving the Joomla Form with CTRL-S

Post by lowrykun » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks for the comment. I updated the jQuery selector to make it work fine with other templates and should work in case the style changes. It could be added to the Joomla core somewhere so that it's template agnostic.

Return to “Joomla! Ideas Forum”