I just wanted to say that custom fields in Joomla is currently the biggest and most important feature.
I believe that custom fields with CSS grid will expand Joomla to a new level.
Actually custom fields have to be treated as equally important as the main text of the article and displayed in the same tab in the administration. This will lead to a multi type and multi structured content that is the main need for the modern websites. We can't just have only title, image (full and intro) and main text.
But custom fields need some improvements. For example:
- Custom fields have to go out from the container 'fields-container'. At least an option should exist.
- Custom fields have to be placed in div and not dl/dd. Possibly the option above to put them outside 'fields-container' would place automatically inside divs.
- The main text should have a distinct class and not only itemprop="articleBody".
- The checkboxes type of custom fields should place each value in a span in order to be able to add more design.
- Maybe a field for custom html/php code could be added.
Lets increase the difference with one more level.
Maybe the above ideas could be applied in Joomla 4.