Version Restore beyond Articles

Do you have an idea for the Joomla community that you can help implement? Discuss in here.
stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Version Restore beyond Articles

Post by stargazer1682 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:44 pm

I'm honestly not sure how recent the Versions feature has been included in Joomla, that allows users to revert to a recent past saved copy; I realize it have been around a long time, but I only noticed it recently and I think it's a brilliant feature to have. It's only been a few weeks since I noticed it and have used several times now and saves a lot of hassle when something gets changed that shouldn't have been.

To that end, my suggestion here would be to expand that elsewhere in the backend. I don't know how feasible that would be, but in particular I'm talking about, at the very least, in the Module Manager, so that you can revert changes made to a module (especailly Custom HTML modules).
I think it would also be nice to extend to that the template files - index.php, the CSS files. I know at least some, if not most hosts offer some level of restoration of files, but that's not always effect; especially if their back-ups are a day or more you've made revisions in between you don't want to lose. And when changes in those files go awry there can have much more serious effects on a site; and having built in way of rolling it back to a previously saved state would be pretty handy.

Return to “Joomla! Ideas Forum”