3D trade fairs and virtual events solution for J!

Do you have an idea for the Joomla community that you can help implement? Discuss in here.
Keiji
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

3D trade fairs and virtual events solution for J!

Post by Keiji » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:13 am

During the covid era, dozens of web platforms have emerged to manage trade fairs and virtual events, creating a navigable environment in three dimensions with the presence of exhibition stands and interested visitors.

A feature common to all or almost all them, is to be hosted on the producer's servers, which rent them to you for the time necessary to give life to your virtual event.

Instead, I would be thinking of a downloadable and installable solution - not necessarily too sophisticated nor elaborate, especially at the beginning - thanks to which we can simulate such contexts. I would like it to be on Joomla, even if the 3D scenario could be built on other systems or specific builders, then somehow integrated with J!.

Initially it could be a simple view that shows, with an isometric perspective or similar, the interior of a virtual pavilion, and the "stands" that would be nothing more than simple clickable "cubes".

This thing is rather trivial, really a step 0 in the context of a hypothetical and future evolved product, which today seems to me not to publicly exist - in the Joomla environment - not even at the prototype stage.

But, to start, even a step 0 would be better than nothing. And I think it'd be amazing to benefit of any integration between it and the many e-commerce, LMS, showcase, communication extensions nowadays available for J!.

Any ideas, suggestions or proposals about it?

Return to “Joomla! Ideas Forum”