Group: Joomla Translators

Here you can contact the editors of our People site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.
marcosaiu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Group: Joomla Translators

Post by marcosaiu » Wed May 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Hello, some question about your decision and managment!

a) Why remove me with group creator? What is the problem?
b) Why change name? "For Hire" not is currect the group is for FREE!
c) Why change category? Not is for "Developers" is for "Translators"
d) Why edit description? Okay nice for note "NOT is OFFICIAL" but ...

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Group: Joomla Translators

Post by mandville » Wed May 19, 2010 3:33 pm

deleted - see next post
Last edited by mandville on Wed May 19, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Wed May 19, 2010 3:38 pm

marcosaiu wrote:Hello, some question about your decision and managment!
while people.joomla is under beta, several changes may take place, but looking at it the changes could be due to (in my eyes)
a) Why remove me with group creator? What is the problem?
it seems that any change made by an admin gives control to the admin - bug perhaps?
b) Why change name? "For Hire" not is currect the group is for FREE!
i think that "free" is also considered a price, therefore you should still pitch. it would also prevent having multiple groups. free is covered well in "for hire"
c) Why change category? Not is for "Developers" is for "Translators"
translators have traditionally been in the Dev's grouping
d) Why edit description? Okay nice for note "NOT is OFFICIAL" but ...
because it is not an official group, the WG have an official translation discussion group. the official translations group deals with core, you are dealing with extensions
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

marcosaiu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by marcosaiu » Wed May 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Okay for more points ...

A) The errors is solving in Administrator (Admin make change and generate error can solve error in Administor)...

B) I don't understand this point but okay... You are admin!

C) Okay for Developers Category... No problem!

D) Okay but Not Official not is good (If possible i prefer Joomla Translators for Extensions) is nice Not Official is very strong... Who join in not official group? but if i seek translators for extensions not is need Official or Not Official?

Thank's for your time...

mlipscomb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by mlipscomb » Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 pm

marcosaiu wrote: ...
B) I don't understand this point but okay... You are admin!

D) Okay but Not Official not is good (If possible i prefer Joomla Translators for Extensions) is nice Not Official is very strong... Who join in not official group? but if i seek translators for extensions not is need Official or Not Official?

Thank's for your time...
Macro...

Have you contacted the J!People Admins Sandra and Philippe? I had an issue on something with groups and they are very easy to work with. It's a breath of fresh air to be able to easily contact an admin on a social site - and especially to have ones that are so responsive! :)

I think the name change of the group was because of 2 reasons - one, it was promoting (at that time) a specific web site, so the group should have been created in Fan Clubs according to the Community Guidelines. The second reason from what I would guess (I'm not an admin or community manager of the J!People site, so just guessing here) is that there is already an official working group for Joomla Translation.

I like your idea of a group name as "Joomla Translators for Extensions" for a discussion group - I'd suggest PM'ing the admins and seeing if they will change that. If it changed to that, they would probably be willing to change you back to the group owner.

As to your site, joomlatranslators.org, a Fan Club could easily be created and, according to the community guidelines, it would provide much more flexible group ownership and promotion abilities.
~Matt Lipscomb
http://www.USAFreelancers.org
Professional Joomla! Services and Web Development based in the USA

Return to “People.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”