Huge Magazine Site - Harmonious Living

cerib
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Huge Magazine Site - Harmonious Living

Post by cerib » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:45 pm

Here's the URL - www.harmoniousliving.co.za

Template: In house design

Additional Extensions: Components - SOBI2, Community Builder, Events, Frontpage Slideshow
Additional Extensions: Modules - RokSlideShow, Flexcontent...
Additional Extensions: Mambots - Google Adsense (modified), Social Bookermarker Mambot...

Custom Development: Fortune Cookies, Competitions, Advanced Content Search (look for recycling depots)

Other Features: There's loads of features to this site, if you'd like to know how we did anything send me an email.

Three (at least) specific areas of my site that I'd like feedback on (design, code, graphics, etc.): We've really concentrated on the usability (navigation) and to make the content of the site as simple and easy to find as possible (there's 500+ articles) - I'd be interested to know what you think. Comments on design, layout etc would also be great. Please let me know me know if you spot any coding problems (we've still testing everything out).

Additional Comments: Harmonious Living was originally a Mambo site but we started having problems with new components etc so decided to move to Joomla. Components coming soon - Zoom Gallery, Blogs, Forum, Ecards and more.
Last edited by cerib on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eetu
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Huge Magazine Site - Harmonious Living

Post by eetu » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:46 pm

Very nice template! It looks professional.

MrRoyce
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MrRoyce » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:59 pm

Very nice, pleasing to the eyes.  I would suggest centering the site, it looks a bit odd being left aligned.  Do you have experience with the ZOOM gallery?

mustaq-ahmed
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by mustaq-ahmed » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi

Excellent job with the design and layout. The navigation is no problem. Overall a look and layout design that compliments the sites theme.
Good luck

Regards
Mustaq -War defines who's left , not who's right...
Live. Love, Learn and Joomla ! FREE ! Joomla Extensions and Tutorials @ http://www.herdboy.com Joomla Web Design and Development / Joomla Retainer Club

midwestkel
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by midwestkel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:11 am

Looks great!
Kelly Karnetsky - I make websites for various reasons
█ I run a nifty game, entertainment & tech site http://flesheatingzipper.com

thephanatik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by thephanatik » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Looks very good. The alignment is kind of weird though. It's half aligned center and half left.

seaside man
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by seaside man » Mon May 25, 2009 3:23 pm

cerib wrote:Here's the URL - www.harmoniousliving.co.za

Template: In house design

Additional Extensions: Components - SOBI2, Community Builder, Events, Frontpage Slideshow
Additional Extensions: Modules - RokSlideShow, Flexcontent...
Additional Extensions: Mambots - Google Adsense (modified), Social Bookermarker Mambot...

Custom Development: Fortune Cookies, Competitions, Advanced Content Search (look for recycling depots)

Other Features: There's loads of features to this site, if you'd like to know how we did anything send me an email.

Three (at least) specific areas of my site that I'd like feedback on (design, code, graphics, etc.): We've really concentrated on the usability (navigation) and to make the content of the site as simple and easy to find as possible (there's 500+ articles) - I'd be interested to know what you think. Comments on design, layout etc would also be great. Please let me know me know if you spot any coding problems (we've still testing everything out).

Additional Comments: Harmonious Living was originally a Mambo site but we started having problems with new components etc so decided to move to Joomla. Components coming soon - Zoom Gallery, Blogs, Forum, Ecards and more.
I like this website. Where did you get the events component from
In2town Magazine is a popular magazine covering celebrity gossip, travel news, lifestyle news, gadget news and so much more. visit http://www.in2town.co.uk

midwestkel
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by midwestkel » Mon May 25, 2009 4:36 pm

seaside man wrote: I like this website. Where did you get the events component from
It's JEvents, you can find more info here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jevents
Kelly Karnetsky - I make websites for various reasons
█ I run a nifty game, entertainment & tech site http://flesheatingzipper.com

Return to “1.0 x Site Showcase - Archived.”