OurBabySteps

Byrd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

OurBabySteps

Post by Byrd » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:24 am

Just completed this site. It has been designed as a social networking site for parents and parents to be. The goal is to get people sharing information on raising kids based on their experiences. I have used a number of extensions along with a modified rockettheme template.

http://www.OurBabySteps.com

Features include:
Community Cook Book
4,000+ Baby Name Database
Baby Picture Contest
Toy Recalls

Personal Profiles
Forums
Groups
User Journal
User Scrapbook
Connections
Autowelcome
Private Messaging
and a whole lot more.

Check out the site and register, let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions for additional features. All the support is appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by Jenny on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed network extension from thread title.
Dedicated eCommerce Development Team, Over 15 Years of Experience, Made in America
www.RedRokk.com | www.Terack.com

[youtube] Intro to Red Rokk: http://youtu.be/5XRSUn__jow

snadowitz
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: OurBabySteps

Post by snadowitz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:57 am

I like the site and it looks vey clean BUT............those, i don;t know how to describe them, like page cirls on the edges of the boxes - make the template look scrappy. You need to get a custom favicon.
Last edited by Jenny on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed network extension from thread title.
Snadowitz

Byrd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Byrd » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:20 pm

I did a small revamping to speed the site up. It is a lot faster now. During the revamping I fixed the page curls, and added the custom favicon. I also added a ticker section as well as free community classifieds.

I did have complaints about users having to go to many places to change items (ie. go to the blog to post a blog, profile to change profile, IM to send message, forums to post, cook book to post recipe, etc). For this reason I have created a custom user welcome screen, that allows users to interact almost entirely from one page (its a short page too). When a user logs into the site they are redirected to this welcome screen called "User Management" where they are able to do all of these things including invite friends. This has been a huge success for us!

Thanks for your suggestions!
Dedicated eCommerce Development Team, Over 15 Years of Experience, Made in America

Byrd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Byrd » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:34 am

We recently change our theme to a new RocketTheme template, in hopes that we could organize more content more efficiently. With this in mind we have begun to create a database of articles related to the site. We have only entered a few articles so far, but the traffic is already increasing.

Further we have added a video database in hopes of providing visitors reasons to continue returning. Take a look at the new theme and let me know what you think or if there are ways I can improve it.

snadowitz
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by snadowitz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:32 am

A vast improvement - looooove the favicon now - cute!!

The tag cloud is a little hard to read though....and seems crushed up a bit....
Snadowitz

tessak22
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by tessak22 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 am

Hey Byrd! I am a webdesigner and a new mother so this post was intriguing to me! I have noticed a few things so far and I just got started. Send me a PM or Email and I will let you know what I have found and think. Great site. I started one sorta like this, but it was a quick throw together just for some other girls and me, that I met on WebMD. I was actually going to gear it towards TTC because my hubby and I were having troubles conceiving, and ended up getting pregnant the same month I started the site. Funny how that works!
I <3 Joomla!
Find me on twitter @tessak22

Return to “1.0 x Site Showcase - Archived.”