My new Acai Berry Site

nultz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

My new Acai Berry Site

Post by nultz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:33 pm

I have just launched my new Acai Berry site. URL is http://www.magicberry.com.au

Original Template: Lush

Components: Letterman and SH404SEF

Modules: Letterman

I would appreciate all feedback...

snadowitz
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: My new Acai Berry Site

Post by snadowitz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:52 pm

fruity man!!!
Snadowitz

nultz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nultz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:15 pm

hope you liked the site.

snadowitz
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by snadowitz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:27 pm

of course - very interesting, nice template and colours and well laid out.
Snadowitz

nultz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nultz » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:43 am

Thanks for the feedback. This is my first attempt at a personal site that I have built from start to finish, graphic and content wise.. While I do run my own web development company where we utilize joomla 98% of the time I have never been able to build my own site that I have not only been happy with but have had enough content etc... After reading the new Joomla 1.5 book it gave me enough drive to build this up... later on I will convert it to Joomla 1.5...maybe even Joomla 1.6 once it is developed and released.

lonely_mizo
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lonely_mizo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:48 am

Very appealing .. try changing the background color very 2-3 months with different colors, if you increase the size of the right advertising banner it would look better.
Do what you always wanted in life!
www.lonelymizo.com

nultz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nultz » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks for the idea about the banner on the right hand side... I will certainly consider this... I can see where you are coming from and agree that it may improve the look..

thanks for the feedback once again though...

VestRite
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by VestRite » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:09 pm

I wish you would have put all the juicy details toward the top. The fact that the acai berry has so many essential nutrients is probably the most important thing for newbies on the acai berry to know. I was wondering, "Why the big hype over a berry?" Well it's a superfood, but I didn't know that until 4/5 down the page. I thought it just tasted different.
-Devin

http://www.vestrite.com/ - VestRite Internet Practices - Free Online Business Community
http://vestrite.[URL banned].com/ - VestRite Blog - Business Development and Marketing

nultz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nultz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:50 am

There would be no point putting those details on the top of the front page is not worth it as you want people to go through the site and read the information before buying such a product. You are right though about the Acai Berry as it is a superfood.

The reason for the hype over a berry is because it is the only fruit on the planet that is a complete food. After taking this berry for a period of time you will not show any signs of malnutrition. It also has 35x the amount of antioxidants than that of a glass of red wine. The only thing that comes close to the Acai berry is seaweed.

Have a read through the site you will learn heaps...

VestRite
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by VestRite » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:26 pm

nultz wrote:There would be no point putting those details on the top of the front page is not worth it as you want people to go through the site and read the information before buying such a product. You are right though about the Acai Berry as it is a superfood.

The reason for the hype over a berry is because it is the only fruit on the planet that is a complete food. After taking this berry for a period of time you will not show any signs of malnutrition. It also has 35x the amount of antioxidants than that of a glass of red wine. The only thing that comes close to the Acai berry is seaweed.

Have a read through the site you will learn heaps...
Oh I don't doubt it. I just have a short attention span, and thus, the reply above wishing that information was available quicker on the page.

That's interesting...the only fruit that is a complete food. I'll have to read your site further and figure out where to get it and if it will save me time, money, and energy over time. I take a lot of other supplements, so it would be nice to cut back.
-Devin

http://www.vestrite.com/ - VestRite Internet Practices - Free Online Business Community
http://vestrite.[URL banned].com/ - VestRite Blog - Business Development and Marketing

formerdj
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by formerdj » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Love the look of the site. Nice template and colour. My only (slight) consructive criticism would be that there is an awful lot of text on the home page. I would be inclined to use small jpg's with each paragraph - something like a logo or pic of the individual product. I just think this makes the site look more visually appealing and less cluttered looking.
Have to say though.....great site...well done!
Paul

critiquedesign
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by critiquedesign » Fri May 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Hello,

I agree with most of the comments above. It is a good site and has a well thought out layout.

A few things I dont like about it are:
1. The logo (header) doesnt stand out for me. It blends in with the background colour and just doesnt look visually appealing. A white background for the header might help.
2. The google ads (the right column) are covering content. A minor issue but still, youve come this far you might as well fix it.

Other than that, great work.

Tim
http://critiquealldesign.com - Free Website and Design Critiques for Designers by Designers.

Return to “1.0 x Site Showcase - Archived.”