Aflondia - social site & downloads

Temester
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Aflondia - social site & downloads

Post by Temester » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Ok, here's my site info:
Website URL (entered in the body of the post not the thread title please): http://www.aflondia.com
Template: Sir SimpleOne
Additional Extensions: CB, EventList, FireBoard, GroupJive, Joomap, JoomlaStats, mXcomment, PUArcade, Sobi2, UAW, uddeIM, utChat, JA Transmenu, mod_php, JoomSEO
Custom Development: Putting all together, some CSS stuff + fine tuning
Other Features: Coppermine (with Mehdi's bridge)
Three (at least) specific areas of my site that I'd like feedback: usability, content, graphics, was the time spent on visiting the site worth it?
Additional Comments: Feel free to check it out :)

Thanks! 8)

-T-

jarek
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Aflondia - social site & downloads

Post by jarek » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:21 pm

I didn't like the template too much, in my opinion red doesn't go with blue. You may want to have more links for instance:
Play games - Take a break and relax with some arcade games (Guest scores will be resetted once in a week) - link "Play games" with appropriate section.
Also you may want to display first the main menu, and than the login box, or create additional placeholders to have some activity on the top, right and bottom.

Temester
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Temester » Fri May 09, 2008 11:48 am

Temester wrote:Ok, here's my site info:
Website URL (entered in the body of the post not the thread title please): http://www.aflondia.com
Template: Sir SimpleOne
Additional Extensions: CB, EventList, FireBoard, GroupJive, Joomap, JoomlaStats, mXcomment, PUArcade, Sobi2, UAW, uddeIM, utChat, JA Transmenu, mod_php, JoomSEO
Other Features: Coppermine (with Mehdi's bridge)
Three (at least) specific areas of my site that I'd like feedback: usability, content, graphics, was the time spent on visiting the site worth it?
Additional Comments: Feel free to check it out :)

Thanks! 8)

-T-
And now the Coppermine has changed to Pony gallery ML (no more bridges...), mXcomment left the site, and RD RSS came along.
Colors changed (well...at least the red was taken out :) Thanks for the comment :)

-T-

Temester
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Temester » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:25 am

The site is now updated to J1.5.6, so could this be moved to site showcase correspondingly? (I didn't find a way to do this by myself)

Template: RedEvo Aphelion (Blue)
Additional Extensions: CB, FireBoard, Sobi2, UAWplugin, uddeIM, D-Mack recommend, JComments, Remository, JPFChat, MCS, Phoca Gallery, QContacts, Search grabber, SH404SEF, XMap, RWCards
Other Features: FireStats, joomlaXplorer
Additional Comments: Feel free to check it out, and please leave some comments :)

Thanks!

-T-

Temester
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Temester » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Temester wrote:The site is now updated to J1.5.6, so could this be moved to site showcase correspondingly? (I didn't find a way to do this by myself)

Template: RedEvo Aphelion (Blue)
Additional Extensions: CB, FireBoard, Sobi2, UAWplugin, uddeIM, D-Mack recommend, JComments, Remository, JPFChat, MCS, Phoca Gallery, QContacts, Search grabber, SH404SEF, XMap, RWCards
Other Features: FireStats, joomlaXplorer
Additional Comments: Feel free to check it out, and please leave some comments :)
And...actually the version is now 1.5.9...
Additional extensions has changed a little bit, now containing: CB1.2, FB, Sobi2, UAWplugin, uddeIM, JoomlaComment, BCA-RSS, Remository (feel free to add your extensions there..), JPFChat, joomgallery, QContacts, googleSearch, SH404SEF, SEF Service map.
Other Features: FireStats

Any feedback will be (still) appreciated :)

Thank you.

-T-

Return to “1.0 x Site Showcase - Archived.”