Delegating user creation and deletion

This board for support questions on Joomla 1.6 RC (= Release Candidate - which should NOT be used on a production server) is NO longer active because Joomla 1.6.0 has been released.

>> For Joomla! 1.6 Support Questions, please use http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=614 instead <<
nickweavers
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Delegating user creation and deletion

Post by nickweavers » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:45 pm

I have a an organisation that has a manager who will create content for registered users who will either be clients or employees so I created groups called client and employee with correspondingly named access levels. That handles the delegation of content management for those groups.

Now I don't want to give the manager super admin authority, but would I would also like to delegate to him the task of creating and managing users within the groups client and employee, but only within those groups. Is this possible in J1.6? If so, can someone describe how to go about it.

TIA.

deleted user

Re: Delegating user creation and deletion

Post by deleted user » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Right now, 1.6's ACL only allows you to manage all users or none. There isn't an option to manage users within a certain group.

That said, pending a couple of bug fixes, anyone who does not have Super Admin privileges should not be able to give someone Super Admin privilege.

Return to “Joomla! 1.6 RC Support [closed]”