Revealing submenu items below an external link menu item

This board for support questions on Joomla 1.6 RC (= Release Candidate - which should NOT be used on a production server) is NO longer active because Joomla 1.6.0 has been released.

>> For Joomla! 1.6 Support Questions, please use http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=614 instead <<
dschreij
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Revealing submenu items below an external link menu item

Post by dschreij » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm having a look at Joomla 1.6 Beta 2 and am loving it. Great job of the developers! I have one question however, I hope someone knows the answer to.

Whenever I put submenu items under a menu item that is linked to an external page, the sub-menu items don't appear when the parent item is clicked.

I did the same with Joomla 1.5.x, but in that version sub-menu items were always revealed when the parent menu item was clicked, no matter of what link type the parent item was. Has this process changed in Joomla 1.6 and do I have to indicate that the sub-menu items need to be revealed somewhere else, or am I just doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any assistance! Much appreciated.

dschreij
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Revealing submenu items below an external link menu item

Post by dschreij » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Kind of found the source of the problem. In Joomla 1.6 the Itemid is not passed as an argument to the external link that you specify, which did happen in Joomla 1.5. It apparently uses this Itemid to determine which menu's need to be folded open. Is there any way this feature can easily be enabled again in Joomla 1.6?

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 am

If you submit this to the bug tracker, the proper personnel can get a look at this and get things working again.

dschreij
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dschreij » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Done! Thanks for the tip. Wasn't sure if this was really a bug, because it also seems a logical and deliberate step to omit Itemid for external links.

spurani
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by spurani » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:24 pm

I'm having a similar issue but when viewing/accessing my site on iPad and Blackberry devices. Submenus do not appear. Even when clicking on the main menu item. Has anyone else found this as well?

Return to “Joomla! 1.6 RC Support [closed]”