Admin page blank

This board for support questions on Joomla 1.6 RC (= Release Candidate - which should NOT be used on a production server) is NO longer active because Joomla 1.6.0 has been released.

>> For Joomla! 1.6 Support Questions, please use http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=614 instead <<
benhanson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Admin page blank

Post by benhanson » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:55 pm

I have Joomla 1.6 b13 installed, everything seems to be working smoothly. I'm trying to hash out permissions, but when I add a user with limited admin access they are not able to see anything. If I give them Configure access at the global level, they can see and change everything. As soon as I take away Configure access, their Admin panel is completely empty even though they have broad access to some components(article manager).

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Admin page blank

Post by mbabker » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Is the group a part of an access level that has access to the backend (i.e. Special)?

benhanson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by benhanson » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:30 pm

I just added the group to special, and now it works more as expected. Is there documentation somewhere of the default permissions associated with Public, Registered, and Special?

benhanson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by benhanson » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:53 am

Thanks for the feedback, it helped find the issue. To clarify what I ran into, I now understand that Access Levels have little to do with permissions in the admin interface. It just determines wether the content is accessible/visible or not. Each page has an Access Level definition, but since the admin pages aren't visible from a CMS standpoint, there is no intuitive way to know that all Admin pages have an access level of 'Special'

Return to “Joomla! 1.6 RC Support [closed]”