flash won't work on pages but no problems as links

This board for support questions on Joomla 1.6 RC (= Release Candidate - which should NOT be used on a production server) is NO longer active because Joomla 1.6.0 has been released.

>> For Joomla! 1.6 Support Questions, please use http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=614 instead <<
wholelottamilan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

flash won't work on pages but no problems as links

Post by wholelottamilan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:58 am

hey all,

i'm having trouble adding flash (swf files) to my pages. i'm using the tinyMCE editor and there's no problem in the back-end, i click on the add/edit embedded media button and put in the url of the file (it's in my images folder), and it shows up in the preview space. but when i check on the front-end to see if everything's ok there's just a blank white space where the flash image should be.

and as i mentioned in the subject area, this is only a problem when i try to embed a flash file in a page, when i link the flash file it appears without a problem. ie: i'll highlight a thumbnail or text on one of my pages, press the link button, put the url in and hit update, and there's no problem. clicking on the link on the front-end takes me to the flash file. can someone please help me out?

also, i'm using 1.6 RC1 (i needed to do this because the site i'm building relies heavily on access levels).

thanks,
milan

wholelottamilan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: flash won't work on pages but no problems as links

Post by wholelottamilan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:32 pm

ok, i seem to have solved the problem for now. in article manager go to options > text filters and change the super users filter from 'blacklist' to 'no filtering'.

webtheplanet
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: flash won't work on pages but no problems as links

Post by webtheplanet » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Say what? 1.6.1 doesn't show flash when embedded with tinymce in content or modules. What gives? Both my flash pieces work in 1.5. Not quite sure what you are saying about the settings? Don't see this in 1.6.1. I'm not new to Joomla. Been here since it was called Mambo. I don't like flash but clients insist on it a lot no matter what you tell them. So anyone got the answer?

Return to “Joomla! 1.6 RC Support [closed]”