Where can I edit text under logo - Beez20 template?

This board for support questions on Joomla 1.6 RC (= Release Candidate - which should NOT be used on a production server) is NO longer active because Joomla 1.6.0 has been released.

>> For Joomla! 1.6 Support Questions, please use http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=614 instead <<
zzafio
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Where can I edit text under logo - Beez20 template?

Post by zzafio » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:49 am

Where can I edit the text under the logo in the Beez 20 template? I presume the answer will be similar for the other templates too?

Thanks.

lesdelc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Where can I edit text under logo - Beez20 template?

Post by lesdelc » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:16 pm

Log in to the backened, select the Template Manager then Beez2 Default, Edit then Site Description and make your text changes.
zzafio wrote:Where can I edit the text under the logo in the Beez 20 template? I presume the answer will be similar for the other templates too?

Thanks.

zzafio
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by zzafio » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:18 pm

Perfect, thanks. I had hoped this would lead me to deduce a similar way of editing the text at the bottom of the page - in 'Position 14' - but this appears to be different.

I am a newbie testing both J1.5 and J1.6. In 1.5 I was able to open template, then choose 'edit html' to (for example) change the Joomla text and link at bottom of page. Where can I make similar edits in 1.6?

Incidentally, I don't really want to remove all reference to Joomla! in my sites! Credit where it's due! :)

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mbabker » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:03 pm

That text is mod_footer, which is designed to only be the copyright info. You can make a copy of the module and do a layout override in your template, or if it's the actual text that you want to change, you can override the language files (this part I'm not 100% certain how to do though).

lesdelc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lesdelc » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:07 pm

I agree with not removing all references to Joomla. I searched Google and found a reference to the changing the footer. The URL is located here: http://docs.joomla.org/Customising_the_ ... ate/footer. The instructions to change the footer requires you to have some knowledge in accessing the index.php file for the template.
zzafio wrote:Perfect, thanks. I had hoped this would lead me to deduce a similar way of editing the text at the bottom of the page - in 'Position 14' - but this appears to be different.

I am a newbie testing both J1.5 and J1.6. In 1.5 I was able to open template, then choose 'edit html' to (for example) change the Joomla text and link at bottom of page. Where can I make similar edits in 1.6?

Incidentally, I don't really want to remove all reference to Joomla! in my sites! Credit where it's due! :)

zzafio
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by zzafio » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks lesdelc, but I think that link is for customizing Beez on J1.5. Things are a bit different in 1.6 it seems.

Thanks Mbabker for your help too... but what you say only reminds me I need a bit more understanding of the whole Joomla! way of working. I'm getting there slowly, and am also expecting two books this week.

Feliz fiestas, and thanks again.

junkrig
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by junkrig » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:03 am

I don't comprehend the instructions well enough to follow them. I downloaded 1.6 tonight and want to change the logo on kcsps.org to show our logo. I looked in all the joomla directories using ftp and can't find a thing that looks like the filenames shown in the edit pane. :eek:
Last edited by junkrig on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Why not 1.6? I never knew about 1.5...
kcsps.org

lesdelc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lesdelc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:37 pm

1. Login to the backend of Joomla
2. Select Extensions
3. Template Manager
4. Select Beez2 - Default (if this is your default template)
Look at Advance Options should show where the Logo is located. Mine is in /images.
When you have designed your own logo. Upload it to /images and then select the logo from the Advance Options.

Let me know how you do.

-Les-
junkrig wrote:I don't comprehend the instructions well enough to follow them. I downloaded 1.6 tonight and want to change the logo on kcsps.org to show our logo. I looked in all the joomla directories using ftp and can't find a thing that looks like the filenames shown in the edit pane. :eek:

junkrig
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by junkrig » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks, Les. It's all fixed. I've done some old static sites under manual html, but these power tools will cut your fingers off if you don't know how to use them!
Again, thanks.
Jeff
Jeff
Why not 1.6? I never knew about 1.5...
kcsps.org

lesdelc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lesdelc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:24 pm

I have also done HTML for a number of years. Joomla is great and adds POWER to a website with many great possibilities. I know the number of extensions is climbing daily.

I am patiently waiting for RocketTheme & Azrul to release their products for Joomla 1.6. (can I mention names here?)

-Les-

Return to “Joomla! 1.6 RC Support [closed]”