[1st Revision :] Modules: New 1.1x

Your suggestions, modifications and corrections regards the documentation. Your help is important.
Michelle Bisson
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

[1st Revision :] Modules: New 1.1x

Post by Michelle Bisson » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:27 am

Please edit and proof-read this text. I will then update the admin manual.  Please read: Guidelines for Editing and Proof-reading:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,437.0.html

Please publish your work here in this thread.

Thanks!
============================================

Modules: New
http://help.joomla.org/content/view/256/153/
Last edited by rdb on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle Bisson, POPcliQ, http://www.popcliq.com
Joomla / OSM Trademarks Team Member

AmyStephen

Re: To Do: Modules: New 1.1x

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:28 am

*** Checked out for proof reading/editing ***
Amy
ps - let me know if this is NOT what was needed!

AmyStephen

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:33 pm

Description: The User Module is a custom module created when after clicking the ‘New’ icon in the Module Manager. A new User Module extends the functionality of Joomla by allowing you to display information at a location defined in your template.

Modules: The first step is to select the specific type of module you want to create.  You can create a “Custom Module” or you can make a new module using one of the existing modules available within your Joomla implementation.

If you select one of the following, follow the link for details for that particular module:
Banner;
Breadcrumbs Module;
Feed Display;
Footer;
Latest News;
Login Form;
Menu Module;
Most Read Content;
Newsflash;
Poll;
Random Image;
Related Items;
Search Module;
Sections;
Statistics;
Syndication;
Who`s Online.

Type: mod_user

Details:

Title: Enter or edit (if needed) the title that will be displayed in the title bar of the module on the displayed page.

(REMOVE this note: I moved “published” up to this spot from below since it was next on page.)

Published: Select "Yes" to publish this module; Select "No" to unpublish. Published modules are displayed on the pages selected in the "Pages / Items " menu on this page. Unpublished modules are hidden from view, even if there are selections made in "Pages/Items".

Show title: Select "Yes" to have the title displayed. Select "No" to hide the title.

Position: Select the position from this drop-down list to place this module in a specific position on the displayed page. For example selecting "left" position places the module in the displayed page's left column. Selecting "right" position places the module in the displayed page's right column. These positions are determined by it's location in the template.

Module order: Select the order from this drop-down list to determine the order this module will appear relative to other modules listed in the same "Position" (e.g. "left" or "right"). See "Position" in this document.

Access Level: Select the access level (which is the site’s user groups) from the multi-item select box to determine which sets of users have access to this module.

ID: This is a unique identification number assigned to this module by the Joomla! system. This is automatically generated and cannot be changed.

Description: A read-only value that describes the module.

Pages / Items: Select one or more items in this multi-item select box to determine the pages this module will be displayed on. The location on the page where a module is displayed depends upon the choices made for the "Position" menu, above.

Parameters:

Module Class Suffix: In the text box, you can optionally specify a value to be used as the suffix to the CSS class of the module allowing you to apply specific styling to this object.

Custom Output:
Here you may enter any text  or code you like that you wish to display it's output  in ths module anywhere on the pages of your site.
NOTE: This content may not be accessed through a Menu Item.

Enter the text that you want to appear in the front end in the Custom Output textbox. This module can be used to display formatted text and/or it can execute custom code. If you want to use this Custom Output module to execute code, make certain you to either use a plain text editor or you press click the HTML button and paste the code into that location the pop-up window presented.
Last edited by rdb on Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

AmyStephen

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:37 pm

*** Checked in for proof reading/editing ***

Richard - please be HARSH in your updates to this. I want to learn what you guys want done - not make "my own way" of doing this. Since this is the "Module - New" it makes sense (to me) to link the specific modules (i.e., Banner, Breadcrumbs, etc.) to the appropriate help page and only focus this topic on the Custom Module. Is that possible?

Well, anyway, checking in ... let me know what you think.

Thanks, boss! Amy

Michelle Bisson
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Michelle Bisson » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:25 am

Thanks Amy!  Thanks rdb!
Michelle Bisson, POPcliQ, http://www.popcliq.com
Joomla / OSM Trademarks Team Member

eddyyanto
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by eddyyanto » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:17 am

i noticed that the Related Item in the New Module page shows up twice.
and also when we hover the mouse over these module type:
- Archived Content
- Banner
- Latest News
- Login Form
- Most Read Content
- Newsflash
- Poll
- Random Image
- Related Items
- Sections
- Statistics
- Who`s Online
the module's description shows-up with a "DESC" in front of them.

Is this a bug?
Please check and confirm this before i post it in the 1.1 forum.

rdb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by rdb » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:11 am

Hi Amy, Eddy

Great Job on the documentation of this module. It was pretty much complete. I moved a couple sentences around and made a couple very minor edits. Added text is in bold green text, modified text has a strikethough.

At this point we can leave for other members to read and make comments/suggestions. We'll then move to the documentation area.

Eddy thanks for pointing out the duplicate items and the problem with the description text. You should alert the developers by posting it to the 1.1 Quality and Testing forum: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/board,199.0.html

-- Richard
Last edited by rdb on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Joomla! Evangelist

rdb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by rdb » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:33 am

This module has been moved to the 1.5 documentation area and the changelog updated.

http://help.joomla.org/content/view/1520/196/
Last edited by Michelle Bisson on Fri May 19, 2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Joomla! Evangelist

Return to “Suggestions, Modifications & Corrections”