expanding on the help and documentation

Your suggestions, modifications and corrections regards the documentation. Your help is important.
zaxxon
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

expanding on the help and documentation

Post by zaxxon » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:57 am

this is my first post and i am very new to joomla.
i am trying to build a site using joomla, and have managed to find a few problems-bugs.
first off the basic wysiwyg contenet editor is not good enough - i feel it needs to be replaced with at least tmedit or better. for example (and correct me if i am wrong - been trying to get an answer to this in the joomla irc channel with no success) you cant link to internal static content from it, there is no option to easily find the URL for the page.
second, the help button is not too helpful for noobs like my self, for example i am creating another menu item and all the option are a bit buffeling a click on the help button only list all my options but dont explain what are they for what would be their benefits and why should i choose one over the other.. a bit more text in the help section would greatly shorten the lengh of this forum - just my humble opinion.
thirdly,when i tried to upload an image to a content page through FIREFOX 1.5 i got a blank pop up where i could not use to upload images options. when i switched and loaded IE 6 i could use it with no problems. could it be that joomla is not completely usable through FIREFOX ?
last, and i dont know how to make this work, we noobs would so greatly appreciate getting the irc channel better populated with joomla experts. at the moment there are a lot of noobs asking questions and not a lot of experts answering them

zaxxon
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: expanding on the help and documentation

Post by zaxxon » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:21 pm

oops, i just realise .. i got to this page from the link in the help baloon, and didnt noticed, its only for documentation, sorry for the off topics parts of my post  :-[

Return to “Suggestions, Modifications & Corrections”