Errors in mysql_connect, config file, boolean issue.

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
bluehairmanga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Errors in mysql_connect, config file, boolean issue.

Postby bluehairmanga » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Hello!

I've looked at various postings here and tried everything to resolve my issue as it's quite searchable, but none of these fixes have provided results as of yet. I'm hoping someone might be able to help, and thank you for giving of you effort and time. I did not originally create this script, and the one who did is no longer available, so I find myself without capability here.

I am running a 2.5 Joomla site. In an attempt to upgrade the PHP version from 5.3 to 5.4, I've acquired table errors as following(and found here: http://www.storysanctum.com/play/dice/wod-die-roller ):

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'storysanctum'@'50.63.196.161' (using password: YES) in /home/content/80/11429580/html/storysanctum/dice/roller_log_config.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/content/80/11429580/html/storysanctum/dice/roller_log_config.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/80/11429580/html/storysanctum/dice/formquery.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/80/11429580/html/storysanctum/dice/formquery.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/content/80/11429580/html/storysanctum/dice/formquery.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/content/80/11429580/html/storysanctum/dice/formquery.php on line 43

-----------------

Navigating to the formquery area, here then is my script:

Code: Select all

Line 4-5: $query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM sj0m_ssdieroller order by roller_id DESC LIMIT 100");
$data = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);

Line 40-43:
echo "<tr bgcolor=\"".$bgcolor."\"><td>".$timestamp."</td><td>".$name."</td><td>".$action."</td><td>Pool: ".$numberofdice."</td><td>Results: ".$originalresults."<font color='green'>".$willpowerresults."<font color='blue'>".$aoaresults."<font color='indigo'>".$roteresults."<font color='red'>".$rollagainresults."</font></td><td>Suxx: ".$suxx."</td><td>Factors: ".$rollagaintype.$additionalfactors."</td></tr>";

}while($data = mysql_fetch_assoc($query))

?>

I hope I'm posting to the right place, and forgive me for not being very code savvy.

Rebecca
Last edited by toivo on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved, not related to 2.5 Performance

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Errors in mysql_connect, config file, boolean issue.

Postby Per Yngve Berg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Are you running 2.5.28?

Go for php 5.6 when first upgrading.

Fix the first error and the rest will probably work (Access denied for user 'storysanctum'@'50.63.196.161' ).
This is a user permission in the database issue.

bluehairmanga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby bluehairmanga » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:35 am

Hi! Yes, that is the version I am running. I'll see what I can do to fix the permission error, though I'm not sure where that got changed. I'll take a look. Thank you for your reply. I'll report back what happens.

bluehairmanga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby bluehairmanga » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:49 am

FIXED. Thank you for that.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”