Can't find a Facebook pixel extension for Jooma 2.5

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
mamboze
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Can't find a Facebook pixel extension for Jooma 2.5

Post by mamboze » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:59 am

Hi,

I've been trying to find a Facebook pixel extension for a Joomla 2.5 website. The only one I've been able to find is for Joomla 3.x. I suppose that this can't be used with J2.5. Any comments or suggestions would be most welcome. TIA

mamboze
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Can't find a Facebook pixel extension for Jooma 2.5

Post by mamboze » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 am

As I understand it, using FB pixels on particular pages of a website is a pretty standard online marketing procedure. Also, there is a J3.5 extension which does exactly that. I am seeking info about whether there is an equivalent extension (or similar) for J2.5. The website I'm working on is, indeed, a J2.5 CMS website. I'm happy to give the URL if needed. It is unclear to me how the "spam" reference fits in here.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Can't find a Facebook pixel extension for Jooma 2.5

Post by AMurray » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:11 pm

I think if you have found the suitable extension for Joomla 3.x then you really need to update your site to 3.x (that is, 3.9.4) then use the extension you did find.

Using out of date software is working against you as you can see, from the lack of extensions available, plus v2.5 is not maintained, and support ended for it in December 2014.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”