Can't email contacts using List Contacts in a Catagory List

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.
mathisbrogers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can't email contacts using List Contacts in a Catagory List

Post by mathisbrogers » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi, all.

I am using a fresh install of 1.6.4, and had a problem with duplicated articles in a category list and finally found this thread here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... dulicating

So, after following their advise, that problem was corrected and a new one surfaced. Since I have three "people" that visitors can contact, I created new user accounts all at Super User level and added new contacts and linked them to the different Super Users.

Now when I attempt to email one of them from the menu, I get the error:
Language string failed to load: invalid_address: You must provide at least one recipient email address.
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in .../components/com_contact/controllers/contact.php on line 114

Which crashed the site at this point.

On this one, I did NOT set an email address in the "contact" record, but do have one in the Super User's record that it's linked to, and I do have that user set to "Receive system Mail".

So, on the second contact, I put in an email address, and it's also linked to a Super User who has a record that says "Receive system Mail" and on this one, I was taken to a new web page, but in a pink box on the page, I got this error:

Warning

Contact not found
Invalid field: Email

So, I unlinked that contact and just had the email in the contact record and it also gave this error:

Language string failed to load: invalid_address: You must provide at least one recipient email address.
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in .../components/com_contact/controllers/contact.php on line 114

And, attempting to email the Webmaster, which is linked to the Admin, it also gave the above error.

Just to double check that I *can* send email from this site, I switched the menu to "Single Contact" and tried it and it works. Under Contact Manager/Options/Contacts, I did find where to display the Contact list, so it's working now with me using "Single Contact", but the user has to use the pull down tab to choose the person they want to email, and I liked the box with them clicking on the person's name better.

Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work setting your menu to "List Contacts in a Category List"?

Thanks,
Mathis...

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”