Whats required for Joomla SSO with Tomcat/servlets?

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
felem
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Whats required for Joomla SSO with Tomcat/servlets?

Post by felem » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Hello,

this is probably an off topic question, but some experts here have certainly a lot of knowledge in this area and because I'm utterly new to this whole web-dev thing I'm very glad for any advise. So please feel free to post some hints.

I'm planning to embed some javascript code that communicates to a servlet in a Joomla site. Joomla is powered by Apache and the servlets are running on Tomcat. The users should authenticate against Joomla.

Now I need some way to test if a Joomla session is still valid from within a servlet. So the question is, how can a servlet test if a Joomla session is still valid? How must Apache/Tomcat be configured? Are there any other software components required beside Apache,Tomcat,Joomla and the servlet itself? How is Joomla/Tomcat SSO usually solved?

Any advise is welcome,
thank you.

mhankosky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Whats required for Joomla SSO with Tomcat/servlets?

Post by mhankosky » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Did you ever get this working?

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”