Registered users cannot upload images in frontend

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
JohnWi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Registered users cannot upload images in frontend

Post by JohnWi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi.

In spite of having enabled registered user to create, delete and configure permits in Media to upload images, the fact is that only Super User can upload images to articles through the front-end editor (JCE in this particular case).

The frontend editor works properly but for the image uploading in the case of registered users, because if I (the Super User) access and article and click the create-a-new-article button the machine works fine and the images are uploaded perfectly.

I have tried several ways to enable registered guys to upload with not to much luck.

I am in a cul-de-sac and waiting for some friend here to shed some light on the issue.

Thanks.

JohnWi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Registered users cannot upload images in frontend

Post by JohnWi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:09 pm

What I have seen so far is that publisher, for example, can add images to articles through JCE.

Not the case of registered users.

Any opinion?

JohnWi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Registered users cannot upload images in frontend [SOLVE

Post by JohnWi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 am

I solved the issue editing a white list allowing the use of images in the general configuration.

JustGAST
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by JustGAST » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:45 am

JohnWi wrote:I solved the issue editing a white list allowing the use of images in the general configuration.
I've faced the same issue. I know the post is old, but may be someone know where is this general configuration where I can allow the use of images?

JustGAST
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by JustGAST » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:09 am

JustGAST wrote:I've faced the same issue. I know the post is old, but may be someone know where is this general configuration where I can allow the use of images?
Found it in the Global Configuration -> Text filters -> Default Blacklist for Registered

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”