Moving Joomla 2.5 to another web host now errors

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Infinity_Loop
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Moving Joomla 2.5 to another web host now errors

Post by Infinity_Loop » Sun May 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi guys I had my Joomla 2.5 installation working for many years now and I've had to move web host.
So I took a complete backup at my old host (public_html folder downloaded) exported the .sql database
On the new hosting I've uploaded the public_html folder and I've created a new database and imported the .sql database.
I've opened configuration.php and I've modified the username, database name, password, host and tmp/log directories to the new ones provided by my host.
I cannot load the website at all - a blank white page appears, I've tried /administrator and it loads but I cannot log in it says nothing when using correct details it just refreshes, when I use incorrect details it says wrong username/password

I don't know what else to try so any replies are much appreciated I did search around for a while before signing up but found nothing like looked like it would work :(

Thanks again!

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Moving Joomla 2.5 to another web host now errors

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun May 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Are you running 2.5.28?

The current version of Joomla is 3.7. Older versions is vulnerable to hacking and may not run on newer php versions.
Here is the update file to 2.5.28
https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla ... format=zip

Raise the Error Report Level in configuration.php to 'Maximum' to see the errors.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”