Website is jumbled on refresh

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
DemiDee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Website is jumbled on refresh

Post by DemiDee » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:41 pm

We're a small charity and had a Joomla website designed for us which has operated well until recently. The guy who kindly designed it has limited time now, and we have nobody technical on the Board. Our problem is that it's now hit-and-miss as to whether the website will refresh and show as normal, or whether it will refresh as completely jumbled up. Our hosts say it could be a scripting error, but that's as far as we've got. Any help would be most appreciated! [ redacted ]
Last edited by toivo on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: mod note: moved to 2.5 - removed URL on request

websitedons
I've been banned!

Re: Website is jumbled on refresh

Post by websitedons » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Disable all the cache functions in the T3 plugins. Your website seems focused on its purpose over exotic appearance and snazzy functions, and that's great. For simplicity and consistency, you'd be better served by using the Joomla core template called Protostar.

Secondly, your system is on the old and ended Joomla 2.5. You need to get up to date with the current Joomla 3.7.x

DemiDee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DemiDee » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 am

Thank you so much for your kind reply and for the helpful advice, websitedons. I know we need to update but when I click on 'update Joomla' it says 'you already have the latest Joomla! version, 2.5.11. I've cleared and purged the cache but to no avail :-(

DemiDee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DemiDee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:20 am

I've cleared and purged the cache but to no avail :-( Has anyone else had this issue with a Joomla website and if so, how did you rectify it?

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”