Some Content Suddenly Not Displaying Correctly

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
zzzzztt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Some Content Suddenly Not Displaying Correctly

Post by zzzzztt » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi,

I have a website on Joomla! 2.5.28. I know this is really old and we are due for a new website this year but...

Today I did some changes to the website, to the slider, some images and unplublished a page.

When checking, and this could have happened before today (I don't look every day), some content is "whited" out, the schema module doesn't always display correctly, and even the Freeindex widget has incorrect text colouring.

This seems to be sitewide apart from the blog pages, which are on a slightly different template.

I'm using BOXME without sidebar for main site, with sidebar for blog.

The site is bettertax.org. (not sure that tagging is going to do it!)

I am not that great with playing with the CSS and stuff. Could an update of the JCE (which seems to get done automatically via a subscription service I bought into - myjoomla) have done something?

Please help!

PhilTaylor-Prazgod
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Some Content Suddenly Not Displaying Correctly

Post by PhilTaylor-Prazgod » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 am

Could an update of the JCE (which seems to get done automatically via a subscription service I bought into - myjoomla) have done something?
As I have already told you by email - no - this is NOT the cause of your issues. People like to blame what they dont know.

The problem is invalid HTML markup on your site. You had/have an unclosed <a> tag in your template and your CSS has #fff (e.g. white) as your font colour for links. Simple.
Phil Taylor
- https://mySites.guru - Manage Multiple Joomla/WordPress Sites In One Dashboard for Security, Audits, Backups and more....
- https://www.phil-taylor.com/

zzzzztt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Some Content Suddenly Not Displaying Correctly

Post by zzzzztt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:56 am

Thanks, Phil, for pointing out my short-comings. If I knew everything I wouldn't have stopped by here to ask for help. Had I known you were here, I'd probably have thought again about asking.

I did find the issue and I did resolve it. I had to do an element inspection which did indeed show an <a> tag. That was actually on the slider, which as I mentioned to you I had been working on, and I have no idea how it showed up there and then caused the problem.

Anyway, problem solved and I will try very hard to not have further issues that I won't know the answer to that may require me to ask for help.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”