Issue with Yahoo and contact form

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
laurapakora
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Issue with Yahoo and contact form

Post by laurapakora » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:03 am

Hi all,

I'm new to Joomla so please bear with me if I am missing something obvious...!

Have been asked to look at someone's Joomla site as they want a few updates done and text/image changes... all good so far. They also have an issue with their contact form.

From what I can see and understand it is a plugin - contactusform, which adds a contact form in articles. The only way I can see of editing the contact email address is through the Global Configuration (is this right?) which at the moment is set to an email address client@clientsdomain.co.uk, which then forwards to a yahoo mailbox. From my research, yahoo has upped their security and now if you send an email through this contact form from a yahoo address it won't get through. No message comes through to the clients email inbox, and the "send a copy to myself" option also doesn't work.

I wanted to change the email address that the contact form uses to the yahoo address as I think the issue is because the email forwards to a yahoo address, so I wanted to cut out the middleman so to speak and get the messages sent straight to the yahoo inbox. I have tried this, but the sign up doesn't have a password anymore, you have to request one for setting up emails etc. and even when I have tried this, to tried using one of my own email addresses to see if it'll work without a re-direct, the contact form seems to fail, it's almost as if there is somewhere else that you can set the email address that I haven't found?!

I hope this all makes sense... basically, I need a contact form (basic) with captcha that will work with a yahoo email address, and currently I can't seem to make the one I have work! Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks! :)

deathbat87
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Issue with Yahoo and contact form

Post by deathbat87 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:13 am

Try use breezing form (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... ing-forms/) to make contact form.

Install breezing form and module breezing form.

Then include the module in your article.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Issue with Yahoo and contact form

Post by Webdongle » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:22 am

http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”