Images not showing

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
pslane
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Images not showing

Post by pslane » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:32 am

I am replacing an image in an article. I tried loading it with media manager and also with FTP. The image that I removed was fine but this time I am getting the little square box where the picture should be. What can I be doing wrong?
joomla3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kjersos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Images not showing

Post by kjersos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi,

Just a few suggestions/questions which you have probably already checked. Have you gone into your images folder and checked that the image is there? Alternatively, if you simply tried to replace an image that had the same file name, without changing any code in your article, have you tried deleting the code for the old image and then using image insert to select the new image and place the code back into the article?

Warmly
Nadja

pslane
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Images not showing

Post by pslane » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:00 pm

I even deleted the old image from the ftp and the media manager. Media manager is not working properly but the image is added in the ftp so it should be there. Thank you for your reply. I will keep searching and working with my site and eventually I will figure it out.

Update: I got it done! Loading images by using the image insert at the bottom of the article was not working but using the little green icon that inserts and edits images worked when I went that route. All is well.
Thanks again.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”