Error Message in Admin Panel

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
da8wonder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error Message in Admin Panel

Post by da8wonder » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:47 am

Good evening. I was playing around with Joomla 3.0 templates and accidentally loaded one to a 2.5 site. Now when I attempt to edit articles and menus on the back-end, I get the following message:

JHtml: :jquery not supported. File not found.

Please help. I cannot edit any pages and am at a loss for what to do at this point.

Thanks,

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Error Message in Admin Panel

Post by AMurray » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:10 am

Try the following in order listed:

(1) Change back to a template that does work from the Template manager.

(2) Restore the site from a backup to a time prior to making that change.

(3) Use phpMyAdmin and change the template status in the database directly - go to the Templates table, and make the Joomla 3.x template "0" (zero) and one of the 2.5.x templates "1" (one). 0 = disabled, 1 = enabled. Only do this if you can't change the template in the Administrator of the site. Consult with your host with help to use phpMyAdmin if required and explain to them what you need to do - described above.

Since 2.5 is long obsolete, I would suggest considering an upgrade/migration to 3.9.1 ASAP as that will be required for any future upgrades to Joomla 4.0.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”